Thursday, May 19, 2011

Robert Clark Varner

When Robert and I first met I liked to write down info every time I learned something new about him.  Here it is:


Robert and I randomly sat by each other at a campus wide RA meeting the first Friday of the semester.  Then later that day in choir we got put next to each other.  We enjoyed making side comments to each other periodically throughout practice.  On Monday in choir he kept on turning around to talk to me.  At the end of class he introduced himself to me.   Clearly, he didn’t remember that we met when we were in high school and visited SBU.  Right after class he added me on  facebook and started writing on my wall.
On Sunday he invited me to the Landen Super Bowl party.  On Tuesday he invited me to his intramural basketball game.  They’re the Flying V’s.  They wear v-neck t-shirts with wings coming out of the v.  I didn’t say hi to him at all though.  Then on Wednesday we were facebook chatting, and he said he wanted to get to know me better.  Chat stopped working, and so he sent me a message with his number.  We preceded to text each other that evening.  The next day I went to another one of his intramural games.  Afterwards we gave each other a side hug.
The next Tuesday we went to James’ concert in the Union together.  On Thursday we went to the SBU basketball game together.  On Friday we had dinner at Taco Bell together.  Then that night we went to  Aaron Hameister’s house to watch Saw VI.  He touched my hand a bit. Hehe  Then on Saturday he and I went to Patrick Matia and Derek Creighton’s room for visitation.  We played Settlers, Monopoly Deal, and watched The Emperor’s New Groove.
On Tuesday we went to the SBU basketball game together again.  On Thursday Tarah, James, Robert, and I went to Tarah’s house to make dinner and play a game.  I took Robert back to Landen, and as we were sitting in my car Derek came up and said that he’d just follow me out to Tiffani’s house.  Talk about bad timing.  After sitting in my car in silence for what felt like an eternity Robert said,  “I just want to come on out a say this, and it might make you feel uncomfortable, but I really like you a lot.  I enjoy spending time with you, and I want to keep on getting to know you better.  I’m not looking for anything serious right away.  We can take things slowly, but I just wanted you to know what my intentions are.”  I responded with, “I appreciate your saying that.  The feelings are definitely mutual, and I want to spend more time with you too.”  Then we shared an awkward car hug.
Friday he came to Elise’s house to play Scene It and watch Baby Mama.  We sat on the love seat together, and he touched my hand again.  Then we hugged outside.  On Saturday I watched Princess Bride and played  Monopoly Deal with him in the office while he worked.  We hugged again.  Then that night we went to Maupin to watched Enchanted with Patrick.  He definitely held my hand (just a few fingers) and put his arm around  my bent knee on the couch.  We hugged in the car, and I acknowledged the awkwardness that is a car hug.

Sunday we went to a gas station to get coffee and then drank it while swinging in the lawn and garden section of Wal-Mart.  Then he totally touched my hair.

On Monday we went to the Java Station.  He paid!  He told me he wouldn’t date me if he knew he couldn’t marry me.  Then we texted later, and I learned he’s kissed girls before.

It’s so amazing to know that he thinks I’m beautiful, smart, and funny.  I just want to see him every day!

His schedule:
Sunday: Get to church at 8:00 ish, first service at 9:00, second service at 10:30, practice at 2:00, RA meeting at 9:00
Monday: Work in the afternoon
Tuesday: Bible study at 9:00
Wednesday: Youth from 7:00-8:30

Part of his finger got cut off when his sister slammed the door on it.
He likes yogurt and V8 Fusion.  Doesn’t like Pop-Tarts.
He has a high school friend named Bryce who is coming to SBU next year
He likes the movie Angels in the Outfield
He has a fear of paper cuts
He likes Jon Foreman, can’t stand country, likes acoustic, Leeland, Yellow Card
He likes the show Ax (not X) Men, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, NCIS, Scrubs, Community, Law and Order SVU
He was born in Fort Worth.  Moved to New Orleans when he was four.  Moved to Olathe in September of 2005 after his house was hit by hurricane Katrina.
He and Luke were suitemates last fall.
He met Josh in welcome week.  Now they’re roommates.
Jeffie is also his suitemate.  He’s an awkward freshman who saves dead fish and birds.
He and Brandt met in high school, and now they’re roommates.
He had an awesome youth pastor at Lenexa Baptist, and that’s why he wants to be a youth minister.
He plays the electric and acoustic guitar but likes acoustic best.
His mom (Serina) is a manager for the USDA.  She’s from Kansas.  His Dad (Ray) makes software for the USDA.  His sister (Bethany) is 21 and goes to Fort Hays.
The classes he is in are: mission and ministry, sight singing and ear training, hymnic and wisdom literature, methods of biblical interpretation, choir, music theory
He drives a 1999 orange Ford Ranger stick shift named Rusty
He drinks his coffee black
He and his sister would both like to live in Seattle
He’s staying at his aunt’s beach house in Alabama for spring break.
They have a time share Florida so he’s been to Disney World 11 times.
Loves shrimp gumbo, salmon, steak, dark chocolate.  
Hates fruit except melons, grapes, apples, and bananas because the texture is gross.  
Doesn’t like barbecue chips.
He used to work at Applebee’s and be a janitor at his church.
Josh got him into rock climbing indoors and outdoors.
His dad didn’t grow up in church.  His mom grew up in a Nazarene church.  He became a Christian when he was 8.
He has a sensitive stomach.  He can’t drink 2% milk or coffee in  the morning.
He likes skim milk.
He likes The Wonder Years.
His full name is Robert Clark Varner.

2 comments:

  1. i feel like i know him so much better now!
    love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you sweet baby girl! I love you very very much!! It is very sweet that you kept all of these things when we started dating!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...