Friday, September 28, 2012

A Stitch in Time

Robert got his stitches taken out yesterday!  I wish I could've gone with him, but alas, no paid time off means I had to stay at the old salt mine.  He said 11 of the stitches came out with ease - only 1 hurt.  We both agree that his wound actually looks even more gnarly without stitches.  He has a scar from the actual incision as well as a little scar from each stitch.  He has more flexibility now that the stitches are out and his skin isn't being pulled quite so tight.  He'll go to the doctor again in 4 weeks to get the all clear.  We're are so  very thankful that the surgery was a success.

I started working at The Olde English Tea Room on Saturday.  My first day was great!  I loved learning from my wonderful husband.  He said I was a fast learning and everything came naturally to me.  I'm hoping he's not just saying that because he has to. :)  I'm just working on Saturdays, but it'll be nice to get some extra cash from 4 hours of work each week.  Plus, it's a great way to spend time with Robert - and get paid for it!

Robert is doing such a great job at school.  He got a test back this week - 100%!  His hard work is definitely paying off.  He's about to start his first paper.  He's picked a pretty cool topic - The symbolism of water in John. 

Guess what!  My favorite Mommy is coming to town in just two weeks.  I am beyond excited!  It will have been two and a half months since she's been here.  I am so thankful for airplanes.  Nuff said.  We're going to paint the town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...