Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Day In The Life - Fall 2016

Robert and Amy are 26 years old, Sarah is 14 months, and Mittens is 4.5 years old!

Monday | October 10, 2016

4:41 am - Mittens starts meowing outside our door.  I get out of bed to feed her.  She's supposed to wait until 7:00, but Sarah hasn't been feeling well lately, and I don't want to risk Mittens waking her up.

7:22 am - Sarah wakes up, so it's time for us to get out of bed, too.  She's starving and has the world's heaviest wet diaper.  I hold her for a bit while Robert gets breakfast going.  

7:40 am - I drink coffee, Sarah and I share a smoothie, and I eat some frozen waffles.  Our coffee has been tasting weird lately.  Do we need a new coffee maker?  Sarah begs for some pieces, and she gets it.  She seems pretty miserable.  She's had a cough and runny nose for over a week, but now she's also teething her top canines, so we give her some Orajel.


8:00 am - Sarah and I play on the couch while Robert gets ready for the day.  She wipes lots of smoothie and snot on me.  Thanks, Sarah.

8:15 am - Sarah's really into coloring these days, and she's figured out how to get out the paper from her table.  It's everywhere in no time.  I kind of don't care because this means I can finish my coffee slowly.


8:40 am - Change a dirty diaper.  Is that what had been bothering her?  Now it's time for me to finally get ready for the day which only takes about 5 minutes.  It's a ponytail and no makeup day.  Sarah digs through the cabinets while I get ready.  So helpful!


9:00 am - Our Parent Educator comes over today for our monthly appointment.  Sarah has her annual assessment and gets high marks.  We're going to work on challenging her to learn how to zip and unzip things, twist lids on and off, and stack taller block towers.  The whole time Sarah seems off balance, isn't walking well, and is pretty frustrated.  When Gina starts packing up Sarah says Bye and can't wait for her to leave so she can sleep.

10:00 am - Tuck Sarah for a nap.  We're thinking about cutting back to one nap a day, but now isn't the time.  We need to finish the battle of the bottle first.

10:10 am - I put a new recipe in the crock pot, sun dried tomato chicken.  Hope it's a winner!  Anything that I can dump in and forget for a few hours typically has potential.

10:15 am - Check the computer and pet Mittens while she rests next to me.  She comes out once Sarah goes away. ;)  They like each other quite a bit, but Sarah can still be a bit much for Mittens to handle at times.


10:30 am - I'm attempting to read more and spend less time on my phone when I have down town, so I've checked out a couple of books from the city library.  For the Love has been good so far, and it's nice to get a little break in the middle of my day.


10:45 am - Sarah is awake and needs a diaper change and a snack.  I talk to Sarah's pediatrician's office, and they think Sarah has been sick long enough and needs to come in, so we'll come in at 2:15.  We get ready to head up to the church to help Robert clean out the student refrigerator and pantry.

11:15 am - We swing by the library to return a book and head to the church.  Seeing Robert makes Sarah perk up!  Robert holds Sarah while I organize the fridge and pantry.  We don't have enough time to finish everything, so I'll have to come back again to help organize the cabinets.

12:00 pm - We need to head home so we can eat lunch and so Robert can head to his weekly staff meeting.

12:10 pm - Oh my goodness, our trees are gorgeous!  This is our first fall in our neighborhood, and there are so many beautiful red maple trees.  We have the prettiest tree, in my humble opinion.


12:15 pm - I'm so hungry.  Sarah and I both have peanut butter sandwiches, and she enjoys mixing together her pumpkin and apple sauce and dipping her sandwich in it.  Gross.  She's so messy, so we might as well turn this into bath time.


12:45 pm - Another dirty diaper!  I'm just glad it happened before she was in the tub.  Sarah enjoys sticking foam letters to the bath tub.  Why does she insist on standing the whole time she's in the tub these days?


1:00 pm - Sarah needs a new outfit after her peanut buttery lunch.  She's majorly clingy and needs big time Mommy snuggles, so we are making the most of it and read several books.  The touch and feel books and the book that Neighs are big hits.


1:38 pm - We go outside to check the mail, and I realize that we don't have any because it's Columbus Day.  Darn.

1:40 pm - Leave for the doctor.  I know it's risky putting Sarah in the car right now because it's nap time, but this was the only time Dr. Toth could see her.

1:54 pm - Yep, Sarah fell asleep.  I carefully get her out of the car and manage to keep her asleep while we wait.  She's totally out of it when she wakes up and there are bright lights and a nurse talking to her.





2:15 pm - Sarah has a double ear infection.  I didn't see this coming.  She hasn't had a fever at all, and she's never had an ear infection before.  Since Sarah is already on medicine for her VUR we're going to wait and see if she develops a fever or starts tugging at her ears, and if she does Dr. Toth will prescribe something else.  (Spoiler alert...she gets a fever.)

2:40 pm - We're driving home, and I have my fingers crossed that we can both take naps when we get home.

2:55 pm - I tuck Sarah in feeling positive she's exhausted.  I quickly water the flowers, re-fill the bird feeder, and throw some clothes in the washing machine.

3:00 pm - Sarah is screaming and standing up, so I rock her and give her some Motrin.  I can tell she's so miserable.  She's groaning with her eyes closed, and I can't tell if she's actually awake or asleep.

3:48 pm - I finally give up on naps happening.  It's going to be a long afternoon.

4:00 pm - We FaceTime my mom for a bit.  She feels very sorry for Sarah and is going to take off work tomorrow to be with Sarah and me.  Hallelujah!

4:25 pm - I throw the clothes in the dryer, put cloth diapers in the washing machine, pick up a bit, and run the dry mop over the floors.

4:45 pm - Sarah sits in her high chair watching me chop carrots and cauliflower to go with dinner.  I'm so thankful we've finally reached the point where she's content watching me for a few minutes.

4:50 pm - Start the diapers on their second cycle.

5:00 pm - We're in the countdown for Robert to get home for the night and decide to play outside while we anxiously await his arrival home.  Sarah loves the crunchy leaves and playing with our pumpkins.  She takes the watering can from the garage and walks it around the house to the house.  She's been watching and observing us!




5:20 pm - Robert is home!!!

5:25 pm - Robert changes clothes, and we head out for a walk.  I'm so thankful for this cool fall weather.  Sarah's head starts drooping, and she's out hard.  Poor thing!

5:55 pm - We get home and tuck Sarah in for the night.  Please let her sleep through the night!  I switch the diapers over to their third and final cycle.

6:20 pm - We sit down for dinner outside on the deck, and Sarah immediately wakes up and starts crying.  No!!!  Thankfully, she fell back asleep after a couple of minutes.  And dinner was a hit!  Robert and I hang the diapers outside on the clothes line.


6:50 pm - I want to clean the garage this weekend, but Robert is feeling ambitious and wants to do it tonight so we can have the weekend free.  We had several boxes to put up in the attic and needed to rearrange stuff to be able to get in and out of our cars more easily.  We pump up the jams and get to work.



8:00 pm - I finally get to take a shower.  So refreshing!

8:10 pm - Time to veg out and watch Army Wives.  I never expected myself to love a Lifetime show, but I'm totally enjoying watching it on Netflix.

9:40 pm - I have to get up and go to bed.  I wash my face and brush my teeth, and then realize I never put new sheets on the bed.  This seems to happen every time.

10:00 pm - I squeeze in two more chapters of my book.

10:20 pm - So tired.  Must sleep.

7:05 am - Alarm goes off, and I realize Sarah slept through the night!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had a sick baby on your hands - that is never fun! Visiting from Julia's link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double ear infections - no fun. Same thing happened to our daughter when she was about the same age and she didn't have any of the symptoms I expected. I hope it cleared up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from Julia's link-up. Sounds like you had an exhausting day. (I absolutely dread when no nap happens). I sure hope she was feeling better shortly!! My son too ended up with a double ear infection with no obvious symptoms for it. Seems like it's more common than I thought.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...