Saturday, June 7, 2014

15 minutes of random

I challenged myself to write for 15 minutes about anything and everything.  Here it goes:

Tried black coffee today and it wasn't as bad as I had expected.  Adulthood.

We can finally light candles again now that Mittens is living with my parents.  I miss her, but candles are nice.  Today's scent is apple and berries.

The dishwasher is running.

I officially can't sleep without the fan on.

I love the fact that my parents send me the Bolivar paper so I can stay up to date on the happenings of my hometown.

Thankful for this man of mine who goes to work for 10 hours on Saturdays.  Also looking forward to the day he doesn't have to do this.

We have a serious spider problem in our bathroom.  I think I found the mom today.

Living a 1/4 mile (1/2 mile round trip) from our apartment dumpster is unfortunately.  It's far enough that I don't want to walk that much with two kitchen-sized trash bags, but feel lazy if I drive there.  The struggle.

I hate it when we track in leaves from outside.

I actually had a dream about said spiders last night.  They were glowing in the dark and climbing up our walls.

Someone told me I looked very beachy and tan this week.  Now that's funny, folks.

Mom and Dad trimmed Mitten's nails this week.  Mom texted and said that she was sweating profusely and Mittens was punishing them now.  Sounds about right.

I think North Carolina missed spring and just went straight to summer.  Hello, humidity.

Robert's birthday is this month.  He said he wants his present to be watching me attempt to grill dinner.  Thanks, babe...

We got a new $100 bill the other day.  I mentioned the new bill and then realized it was printed in 2004 - a whole decade ago - and noted that apparently I don't see $100 bills very often.  We did however just deposit the coins from our coin jar and made 11 buckaroos!

Why did people start hating carpet?  I know it traps dirt, but who wants to lay down on hardwood or tile and watch a movie or play a game?  Also, hardwood still has the dirt.  It's demonstrated in the hairballs and dust bunnies scurrying around on people's hardwood floors.  Just saying.

Wow, okay, 6 minutes to go.

Listening to JJ Heller.  Get it, girl.  Love your words and songs.

Robert had a jam session with a friend last night.  I love hearing him talk about fun times.

Went to a baby shower for a friend last night.  The first of many as 4 ladies in our Sunday school class are pregnant right now.  Stories of 40 hour labors, deformed hips, and flabby skin were exchanged in abundance.

I've always been a hair twirler.  I have very soft hair, and I don't blame myself for wanting to touch it. :)  I've always been a sensory girl - touching every item of clothing in a store, not being able to wear itchy shorts, cutting out my tags and those weird ribbon things used to hang up dresses.

I'd rather vacuuming 20 rooms, clean 10 bathrooms, and take out 50 pounds of trash than have to fold laundry and do the dishes.  Gag me.

Isn't it weird how you miss things you thought you never would?  Sometimes I miss living in a dorm - not having to make my own food, having a small space to have to clean.

Why do batteries go dead when you aren't even using them?

My right eye has been hurting for about 3 weeks causing me to have to wear my glasses more.  Remember when I really really wanted glasses in elementary school?  Now?  Not so much.  Lasik, anyone?

My phone battery has been dying faster lately.  Robert's too.  Conspiracy.

Wonder when the scar on my hand from the oven hood will go away.  Maybe it will be forever a memory of our time in good old Flaherty Farms.

I made it!  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...