Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Third Annual Girls Weekend

This weekend was our third annual girls trip with my in-laws.  Due to my current state, we decided to keep the trip more local, and we spent Saturday-Monday in Kansas City.  On the way there, I split my drive into two sections and drove an hour on Friday to stay the night with my parents.  Aunt Pam was in town, and we all enjoyed a family dinner together.  I hit the road Saturday morning after breakfast and made it to Serina's house at 11:00.  Grandma June had driven in the day before, so the three of us hopped in Serina's car and drove over to pick up Bethany.  We started out the trip with breakfast at Mi Ranchito.  In honor of Robert, I got his favorite dish: cream cheese enchilada.  It was very good!



After lunch we went to Johnson County Community College to take an art class.  It was free class day at the college.  We took a quick tour of a couple of the exhibits at the art museum, and then we made nature sculptures of our own with some modeling clay.  I made a dad turtle and a baby turtle in honor of Robert and baby and his love for turtles.  Unfortunately, Mittens also has a love for turtles and she tore off the feet and eyes last night.

Next up: manicures and pedicures.  Bethany and I even got cute little flowers painting on our big toes.  After that, we shopped at The Plaza for just a bit and hit up a couple of stores there.  That was followed by dinner at my choice of Jack Stack.  Serina and I split the sampler.  I failed to get a picture of the meal, but I'd say the after picture is a good indication that it was delicious.


We finished off the day by checking into the Hampton Inn and watching some Food Network.  On Sunday morning we had breakfast at IHOP and started our day of shopping with a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Anybody want to spare $3,500 for a massage chair?
We spent the majority of the day at The Legends Outlet.  I had never been there before, but there were so many stores and great deals.  My goal was to get Robert some new dress shirts for work, and I managed to come home with five of them.  Shopping was tiring, so we needed some dessert and an afternoon nap in order to get charged up for more shopping.


We watched the new Cinderella on Sunday night, and it was very cute.  We wrapped up on Monday with breakfast at Cracker Barrel, a trip to JCPenney and Hobby Lobby, and lunch at Blue Koi.  I had success at Hobby Lobby.  For about three months now I had been trying to find six picture frames for some canvases that friends painted for us.  Since the canvases are thicker than photos it's been kind of difficult, but I finally found six matching frames, and they were even 50% off!  My drive home was much easier than my drive to KC.  On the way to KC it rained very hard for all but about 10 minutes of the drive.  The drive back home took about three hours, and it was sunny and pretty outside other than quite a bit of wind.  I only stopped once for a gas/bathroom break.  I needed to get home in time to go to one of our student's track meets and Robert's softball game.  South Gate won big time!  Robert managed to get on base every time he was up, scored a couple of times, and even got out a couple of people at second base.  Maybe having our own Gator mascot helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...