Monday, May 6, 2013

End of the school year fun

Of course I was sad to stay behind, but I was glad that Robert got to spend that time with his dad.  The best part was that Robert surprised me by coming home a day early.  To say I was happy would be an understatement.  Before leaving, Robert gave me a gift certificate for a massage at a local spa.  The massage therapist wasn't able to get me in while Robert was gone, but I was able to go the next Saturday while Robert was at work.  It was wonderful!

This Sunday Robert was able to play in Faith's worship band for the first time.  A few weeks ago he let the leader know that he was interested in becoming a substitute for acoustic guitar.  They met and he asked Robert to play a couple of weeks later.  Robert loves singing and playing the guitar so he was very excited for this opportunity.  It was great!

Robert and I have signed up to help with preschool music for Vacation Bible School.  We had our first meeting for it last night.  Colossal Coaster World, here we come!

This weekend we hosted a going away party for our dear friends Ben, Allie, and Jolie.  They have helped make this first year at seminary so much better for Robert and me.  We're sad to see them go, but we're excited for their new adventure.  We had a BBQ at Joyner park with about 15 people from our complex.  We also surprised Ben and Allie with presents for their baby boy who will be arriving in just a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...