Wednesday, December 2, 2015

November 2015

November was another full month!  We started out the month with Robert having his fall retreat for the youth.  Sarah and I weren't up for the weekend trip, so we went to stay with my parents.  The retreat went well, and we enjoyed our time with my parents.  This was Robert's first time to be away from Sarah overnight. :(

Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house means lots of fun activities!

I've started running.  Eek!  I meet with a group of ladies from church as well as some of their friends on Saturday mornings at 8:00, and then I also run a few times with my friend Madison during the week.  I use the word run loosely.  Right nose it's more walking than running, but the end goal is a 5k.  I've lost the baby weight but haven't lost the flabby belly.  It's time for this mommy to work it!

Robert and I got new phones this month.  I've had a cell phone for nearly a decade now, and I still don't understand why it can't take less than two hours to activate a new phone in Verizon.  Ugh.

Sarah and I started going to story time at the public library on Monday mornings.  It's so great!  It's for birth through 18 months.  The director reads a story, we sing songs with actions, she recites some rhymes, and then we just hang out and talk with each other.  I love giving Sarah opportunities to make learning fun, and I don't mind the interaction with humans who can actually talk.

We enjoyed celebrating Sarah's first Thanksgiving.  We started out by volunteering to serve at our church's preschool party for families.  Sarah and I were in charge of monitoring desserts. Ha!  We spent Thanksgiving with my family.  Sarah got to meet Great Uncle Nelson and first cousin once removed Michael.  This was a topic of discussion, and we established that he isn't her second cousin.  Why was this so funny to me?  We got to spend so much time with dear friends this week!  Again, more laughing and talking than I could handle.  It was awesome!  Grant, Michael, Keegan, and Monica got to meet Sarah for the first time.  It's weird seeing people who you haven't seen since before having a baby.  It feels like a lifetime ago.





This month we started Parents As Teachers.  The public school district offers this service.  I school employee comes to our house once a month to check in on Sarah, give me ways to challenge her, and talk with me.  Our first appointment was mostly just a time to get to know each other, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next appointment.  Sarah showed off, of course.

Elise, Leigha, and Tarah came to town for a girls' night out.  This was awesome.  My only question is why on earth did we not start doing this months ago???  The next night is already scheduled.  Tarah's husband, James, hung out with Sarah and Robert.  It was so perfect!  I hadn't laughed that much or talked that quickly in way to long, and I know Robert enjoyed spending time with James.  He didn't have too bad of a deal since Sarah went to sleep shortly after I left.

1 comment:

  1. All very cool. Again, y'all are doing a great job with my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...