Monday, January 11, 2016

Random Whirlwind of Thoughts

I've done this a couple of other times before, but occasionally it's fun to just type about random stuff for a bit.  I don't feel like I have anything particularly interesting to write about, so a miscellaneous post it is.

I fell trying to check the mail today.  I hate being clumsy.  I just slipped right off of the curb and hit my hip and jammed and scrapped my toe.

Even when our house is clean we still have Sarah's huge accessories everywhere - bouncer, Bumbo, jumper, two activity mats, car seat, diaper bag.  She requires a lot of stuff!

Sarah's bed head is funny.

Carrying Sarah in her car seat no longer feels too heavy.  The combo weighs about 23 pounds, and I remember when the combo weighed about 12 pounds and feeling like I was carrying a giant dumbbell.  Also, a gallon of milk now feels like lifting a feather.

I like our new fireplace.

My nose is cold.

I love the show New Girl!  I was skeptical for a few years and never watched it but have become dedicated to watching it on Netflix.  It's so funny and entertaining!

I need a new book to read for the time during Sarah's afternoon nap where I don't want to do housework but also don't want to just play on my phone or computer.

It was disappointing that we hardly got any snow on Saturday.  I want to go sledding!

I'm ready for this stinking cold to go away.

Our backyard neighbor must have some sort of job where he gets home around 1:30 because every day his three dogs get let out then and bark for over an hour.  Super annoying.

Mittens rules the roost already and is the laziest cat in the history of feline-kind.

Thankful for previously prepared freezer meals.  Bakes spaghetti for dinner tonight!

Funny convo with my doctor today during annual physical - Me: Yeah you basically have to eat an entire loaf of whole wheat bread to get your daily supply of dietary fiber.  Dr: Yeah including the bag! :)

College football season ends tonight.  Thank goodness!

Does anybody else ever feel like why do I even both trying to keep my house straightened when it doesn't even last for a whole day?

I'm so thankful to have a garage now.  Carrying in groceries with Sarah is way easier, and i don't have to be  concerned about rain or snow.  Now that the garage is cleared out Robert can park in there too.  So nice!

Sarah is 5 months old.  It's been the fastest and slowest months over.  Fast when I think about just five months ago she was a little tiny baby who was either asleep or crying and didn't do much else, and now she can smile, laugh, sit with assistance, stand with assistance, play, hold things, etc.  Slow because days can seem monotonous, she can't talk to me, she completely relies on me to survive, and she's five whole years away from kindergarten.  Robert and I haven't even been married that long yet.

Speaking of being married, Robert and I are only a couple of months away from being married for four years, just two months away from six years since we started dating, and just a couple of days away from six years since becoming friends.  Mind blowing to think about all that has happened in six years.  Ever wonder what your life would be like if you hadn't gotten married when you did to who you did?  Robert thinks he wouldn't have gone to seminary and would live with a bunch of guys in an apartment.  I think that I still would have gone to grad school and probably would have lived with a roommate during grad school but then would live on my own.  I might have lived overseas for a year or two.  Definitely still would have gotten a cat. haha  But I would have missed out on so many things - living in NC and having Sarah being two of the biggest things.

Okay, there you go.  15 minutes of random.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...