Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Fifth Annual Girls Weekend

Every year I go on a girls getaway with Robert's mom, grandma, and sister.  Last year I brought Sarah along, and she really did do a good job, but after that trip I gave Robert a one year notice that Mommy was going on the next trip alone! :)  Bethany was able to leave her daughter, Sadie, with her husband, too, so it was a baby free weekend.  Robert did a great job with Sarah, and he was able to get quite a bit of help from my parents which I know he appreciated.  Highlights of their weekend included Sarah riding a tricycle for the first time, Andy's Frozen Custard, Itty Bitty City, and scaring each other a lot.  Sarah is very in to growling and watching people be terrified.  It's a fun age!

This year we went to Fayetteville, Arkansas.  The other three ladies drove down together to pick me up, and we had lunch with Robert and Sarah at Black Sheep, and everybody agreed that it was a great way to kick off our weekend of fun and food!  On our way to Fayetteville we stopped at Crystal Bridges, and it had some neat stuff including string art and a very lifelike sculpture. 



When we got to Fayetteville we got settled in our hotel and put on our tattoos that Bethany had made for us. :)


Our first night we ate dinner at Noodles and watched Beauty and the Beast.  Grandma June had never seen the cartoon version, so it was all new to her.  We all really enjoyed it!

The weekend was full of rain the whole time.  Thankfully we had a good amount of indoor activities planned.  Saturday morning we had breakfast at Rick's Bakery, and then we headed out to get our nails done.  The first place lost power right after we got there so we found another location.  I got very sparkly pink nails which I love because it makes me feel like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde!  Sarah also loved them once I explained to her that they weren't a boo-boo.


I can't remember the order of our little shopping trips throughout the weekend, but during our time in Fayetteville I know we ventured into an Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, Target, and the mall.  I managed to come away from it all with a new toothbrush for Sarah. haha

For lunch on Saturday we just ate at Sonic, but dinner was a culinary treat at Hammontree's Grilled Cheese.  We all agreed that this was the best meal of the weekend.  I picked it. ;)  I had a ham and cheese with avocado and herb mayo on sourdough and tomato soup.  Yum!  After dinner we went to Painting with a Twist.  Serina and Bethany had done this before, but June and I hadn't.  We really enjoyed ourselves and got in plenty of laughs along the way.  I think our paintings turned out well!  Bethany and I got to hit up the pool and enjoyed chatting about mom life on Saturday afternoon as well.




On Sunday we went to the Rolling Pin for breakfast, and it was good!  We ate lunch at El Matador, had dessert at Kream - Ice cream doughnut sandwiches! - and dinner was pizza that we had delivered to the hotel.  We got to play several games in our hotel room, which honestly was a treat because it's definitely something you can't do with a one year old around. We had hoped to visit a cathedral in town, but it was closed due to flooding from all the rain.  The rain was just ridiculous, but we stayed safe and enjoyed some relaxation in the hotel.


On Monday morning we hit the road after stopping for breakfast at Starbucks.  Sarah was very happy to have me back, and so was Robert.  Sarah had me hold her a lot on Monday and Tuesday.  It's nice to be needed.  Thank you to Serina, Bethany, and June for such a fun weekend, and thank you to Robert and my parents for helping me be able to leave for the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...