Friday, February 25, 2011

No Such Luck

Well my attempt to donate blood was unsuccessful to say the least.  My iron was too low.  Speaking of blood, today I went to the doctor to get a CBC test done.  I've had low white blood cell counts for about 10 months now.  Hopefully this time it will be better.  I love the lady who usually draws my blood, Molly, but she had a baby about 3 weeks ago.  That's totally awesome, but she abandoned me in my time of need!  She knows my veins.  Today's experience was far from pleasant.  Poked the right arm: a few droplets came out.  Threw it away.  Poked the left arm: Absolutely nothing came out.  Poked the right arm again: A bit came out.  It's not very encouraging when the nurse says, "Hope this is enough to test it."  Cool.

I think my two tests went well yesterday.  Although stressing about tests is not fun, it's always exciting to get out earlier than usual.
I met with my dear friend Carey yesterday morning.  We've been getting together one morning a week for over a year now.  We share what's going on in our lives and then discuss the book we're reading.  So far we've read Calm my Anxious Heart, Choosing Gratitude, and now we're reading A Beautiful Offering.  Lately I've been learning that becoming more like Jesus isn't just going to happen one day.  It's a conscious effort.  I'm learning more and more what God requires of me.  I may not always choose the right thing, but I'm growing.
 Carey's cuties: Miles (above) and Cooper (below)


I'm the RA on call this weekend. Basically this means I'll sit in the dorm office Saturday from 5:00-midnight and hand out toilet paper twice because the other 150 girls are gone for the weekend.  If I'm focused it's usually a really good time to do homework.  I'm hoping I can write a research paper for Medieval and Renaissance Literature.  It's about Langland and his work of "Piers Plowman."  Should be invigorating.  haha
Robert's basketball team, the Viscous Fishes, fell to the Fascist Giraffes last night.  I'll know they'll get a victory soon though.

It rained/sleeted/snowed last night, but this is nothing compared to the 20 inches we got a couple of weeks ago.  Alright, off to class.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...