Saturday, February 19, 2011

There's a first time for everything

Well, here I am making my first post.  Not sure exactly how to start, so I guess I'll just jump into things.

Mom and I have had a lovely girls weekend.  We watched Despicable Me and went out for dinner yesterday.  Today we had MAJOR shopping success.  That's a big deal for us.  It's so hard to find clothes that fit well when you're tall.  We ended up going to New York and Co.  Success!  Then we found this little German tea house.  Precious!
 This picture was taken of Mom and me at Easter

I've been babysitting the Scowden girls all evening.  The girls have officially fallen asleep.  We had fun tonight.  We had pizza and grapes, watched Veggie Tales: The Wizards of Has, Eisley napped, we played "The Mermaid Game" (An Amy Grabowski specialty), the girls took a bath, we read, and then it was bedtime.



School stuff:  I have my first tests of the semester next week.  Both happen to fall on Thursday: Communication Theory and American Public Address.  I've been trying to make myself study over the weekend.  I've made the study guide for APA so that's a start.  It's exciting and scary that this is my last semester of college.  It's rather surreal actually.  I'm excited to be done with early morning classes, chapel, cafeteria food, and loud dorm life.  However, at the same time I know I'll miss the friends I've made, my fantastic professors, and not having to make my own food.  I had receive an email with my acceptance to grad school in December, but I got the official letter this week.  Another reminder that I'm starting a new chapter of my life.  I have thoughts going through my head like, "Will I be able to handle grad school?" "Will I make friends in my classes?" "Will my professors care?" "Will I get lost on my first day?" I try to ignore those thoughts since it's still a little less than four months away.

RA stuff: This is my fourth and final semester being a resident assistant in my dorm.  It's been rewarding to see the girls on my hall grow over the months.  I find myself starting to detach myself though.  When things happen I just think, "What does it matter?  I'll be gone in three months."  Probably not the best attitude, but it is true.
 After the Homecoming Parade last year

I am so thankful for my wonderful boyfriend, Robert.  We've been dating for almost a year.  He's my first boyfriend, first kiss, and first "I love you."  This past year has been so great!  For Valentine's Day Robert took me to Build a Bear where I made a super cute bear named Franklin.  I had made reservations at The Keeter Center, the restaurant at College of the Ozarks.  It's where my high school prom was, but Robert had never been there before.  It was so special!  They had a Valentine's menu, a band with electric guitar/stand up bass/drums, pink roses, candles, a dance floor, and fantastic food.  I got chicked with cous cous, and Robert got salmon with braised spinach in a phyllo pastry.  After that we walked around the campus for a bit.  It was very nice outside!  We wrapped it up by going to Fedora, a fondue restaurant.  Delicous!
 At a NYE party

My brother, Jim, plays professional basketball in Portugal.  He got to come home for Christmas, and this week my dad has been there visiting him.  He'll be back tomorrow night.  I guess Jim said this week has been the coldest week so far while we've been having the warmest week in a very long time.  Dad got to see Jim play (they won!), they went to the beach, had dinner at friends' houses, and even got to go to Belgium for a few days.
 Jim and me on a train in England

Alright.  I think you're officially updated on all the background information.  May this be the first of many posts!

2 comments:

  1. Amy! I look forward to "following!" I love blogging! I just re-did mine! Check it out! www.kayla-lee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfect Amy, Nice to catch up on your busy life. I am so happy and proud of you always. Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...