Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Test Week

I've entered week 5 of classes.  That means it's time for the first round of tests.  I have two on Thursday.  Trying to motivate myself to start studying early.

I'm going to attempt to give blood this afternoon.  This is a huge deal for me.  I tried giving blood when I was a junior in high school (about four and a half years ago), and it was not successful.  After sitting there for over an hour with a gigantic needle in my arm the nurse finally decided my blood had clotted so she threw away what little blood I had produced.  I was left with a horrible bruise for about a month.  Here's hoping this time it's more of a positive experience.

I had room checks last night.  I'm a resident assistant so I have to check the girls' rooms on my hall every two weeks.  It's always funny to see the different concepts of "clean."  For some girls it involves dusting, cleaning the mirror, vacuuming, sweeping, taking out the trash, doing laundry, making the bed, cleaning the bathroom, and spraying air freshener.  For other girls it involves having a messier room than my room is on "messy" days.  It's rather funny actually.

Robert's intramural team played last night.  They almost pulled out a victory but ended up losing by three points.  They play again tonight at 6:30, and I just know the Vicious Fishes are going to get their first W.

Epic accomplishment: When Robert and I first started lift weights I couldn't even lift the bench press bar (45 pounds).  I know...pathetic.  A few weeks ago I started to be able to do 10 reps.  Well today I did a max lift of 65 pounds!  That's the bar (45) plus a ten on each side (20).   I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

Mom and I went on a walk today.  I miss the days where we used to always work out together in high school.  I love talking with her.  She's the best!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool blog. Read your first post also. Great keeping up with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...