Sunday, June 12, 2011

Almost halfway

I've made it through nine days (eights days of class, one day off).  I have eleven days to go (one day off, ten days of class).  I finally feel like I've done the amount of work that needs to be done at this point.
I just got the syllabus for one of my two July online classes.  It doesn't look too bad.
How do you guys focus on today and what today requires?  How do you avoid thinking about that big _______ (meeting, appointment, assignment, etc.) that's next week or next month?
Let's focus on non-school stuff for a moment.  Robert got his wisdom teeth taken out on Thursday, and he's doing okay.  Still pretty swollen.  He's also tired because he's still on the prescription pain killer.  I think he might attempt to go back to work tomorrow.  We shall see.
Babysitting Cooper and Miles has allowed for a break in my classes and studying.  It's nice to think like a little kid for a bit.  I told the boys Robert was working.  They asked if he was saving up for a John Deere Gator like they are.  Oh man. haha On Friday Coop asked if Robert was blind.  I wonder what prompted this.  They've known each other for over a year.  Coop has seen Robert drive his car, read, and pick him up - all things that require being able to see.
Mom and Dad finally got home on Friday.  They had been gone for a week and a half.  It's nice to have my support system back.
My brother's basketball team won the Portuguese basketball national championship.  Very proud!  He'll be back in about two weeks which will be cool.
Robert's sister (Bethany) got engaged.  They're getting married at a country club in KC on September 3.  Congrats!
I've learned a ton about delegating and prioritizing in the past week and a half.  I CAN let others help me.  They want to because they love me.  I am blessed.
Lastly, I got a professional head shot done for class yesterday.  Enjoy. haha

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow! This picture is beautiful, Amy. Thanks for sharing it. :) Matthew 6 says to take one day at a time/each day has enough trouble of its own. It's tough not to "live in the future", but we're not exactly wired for that. I'm praying for you as you find ways to relax and let go of things that are in the future. Also, I'm happy to be someone you can delegate things to when needed.
    Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...