Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friendship

I have been blessed with some very good friends.  I really hadn't thought about it until I went to college and realized you just can't make bff's over night.  I think I always to it for granted that I grew up in one town, so I was able to make friendships that have already lasted over 15 years.  Some people moved every 5 years.  Then I went to college and thought I'd never make another friend.  I was wrong.  Although friendships at college were way different, they were still good.  I don't know if you feel the same way, but to me friendships seemed to change every semester or school year.  It really depended on who I had classes with, whose schedule lined up with mine for lunch, who my suitemates were, and so on.  It was different, but still meaningful.  I say all of this because as I start this new scary chapter in my life (grad school) I'm encouraged by the fact that I've made friends in the past, and I'll do it again.  It might not be instant, but it'll happen.  Let's look at some pictures with friends and reminisce, shall we?

Leigha and I have been friend since our stroller days.  We've always lived on the same street so play dates happened often.  Even though she lives six hours away now, our friendship is still going strong.

(Kelsey on the left) Jen is such a great listener.  She does a wonderful job and hearing me out.  She's gonna be a great nurse!

Kelsey and I have had many an adventure together: El Salvador multiple times, Girls Double Cooper (for life),  and who can forget the time we "chaperoned" a middle school trip to the corn maze?

A Mother's Day tea with my small group.  I am so very thankful for my mentors (Leslie [front row, second from left] and Casey [front row, center]).  Those girls challenged me and taught me so much.

Michael: excellent pianist, fellow Gilmore Girls enthusiast

Luke (left) and I go all the way back to the playground in elementary school.  Tyler (right) thinks I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread.  It's great.

Fond memories with Elise include space camp (God bless Hunter Moore), El Salvador, choir, church, and life since age 9.

The best friends a gal could ask for

Tarah: Not only is she tall, pale skinned, and blondish/reddish haired like me, she's also a great friend.

Grant - Prom date, choir buddy, world traveler, and my only friend with a wet suit

Windermere buddies - Rachel and Loretta.  Thanks for making last summer way fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...