Saturday, June 18, 2011

I think I can I think I can I think I can

In five days I will be finished with my first semester of grad school.  Crazy!  Just to give you a picture of what my life has looked like the past two weeks and what it will look like for the next week I decided to break down my weekly time commitments:
23 hours babysitting
29 hours in class
12 hours driving to and from class
20 hours studying
TOTAL: 84 hours of "stuff" each week.  That's more than two full-time jobs.  Now I know why I've been running on empty.  When I showed Robert my calculations he said, "That's why you freak out."  He knows me too well.  I am so stinking pumped to only have class in person six times from June 28-August 5.  The rest will be online.  I'll save 12 hours a week by not driving to and from class.  I'll also only spend 3 hours a week in "virtual class" instead of 29 hours a week in real class.  It's going to be amazing.  Then when I have class three days a week in the fall it'll feel like a cake walk.  Plus I'll only be babysitting 19 hours a week then instead of 23.  Talking this out with you helps me a lot.
My last day of class is Sunday.  How lame is it that I have class from 9am-6pm on Father's Day?  Here's hoping for an early out.
Robert's birthday is Wednesday.  The big 2-1!  He's going home for the weekend to go to a Cardinals game.  Good present, Ray and Serina!  We're celebrating Tuesday with a lunch party.  I'm so thankful for my handsome, smart, funny, caring, ambitious man.  He's such as blessing in my life.
I'm getting so antsy about my car.  If you'll recall, it was supposed to be here around May 20, then it got changed to July 4, then June 13, then June 15, then June 16.  It's June 17, and it isn't here.  Hello!?!
I had a group presentation for class on Thursday.  We made a guide to WordPress and presented it to Sister Victoria at McAuley Counseling.  I think it went well!  Today I had an individual presentation for Alpha House.  It feels good to be finished with that!  At this time tomorrow I will have finished my first 3 hours of graduate work.  30 to go!  By Thursday I'll have 6 hours done, 27 to go.  By August 5 I'll have 12 done, 21 to go.  That's right.  In 6 weeks I'll be over 1/3 of the way finished.  Crazy!
Robert singing at the First Friday Art Walk to raise money for his mission trip to South Africa.  He still needs about $500.  Let me know if you're interested in supporting his trip financially.

Summer project - before grad school!

Since my parents weren't around for my first week of school, this is the traditional "first day of school" picture...only it's the 7th day of school.  Robert sneaked in the picture.  This was taken one day after he had his wisdom teeth taken out.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am so proud of your hard work! You are a very special young lady and you have big things to do in your life! I love you so much darling and I am very proud to be your man!!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...