Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Final Countdown

It's the month before the week of insanity - my graduation, Robert's graduation, and our wedding!  I can't believe it.  All of the excitement and busyness has left little time to blog.  Here's what's been happening lately.

Robert and I finally got to go to the Squeeze Inn in Stockton.  We tried to go one other time but it was closed.  Our dinner was very tasty!



We celebrated Jim's 26th birthday on April 7.  Following the party I proceeded to have my first meltdown about moving 1,100 miles away from my family.  Unfortunately, I see more meltdowns in my future.  The meltdown involved me laying face down crying into the carpet and leaving a mascara stain on the carpet.  Robert was awesome and very nice to me just like usual.  The meltdown ensued as I was thinking about how this was the last birthday party before we leave and the next day was going to be the last holiday (Easter) before we leave.  Having lived in Bolivar since I was just a few months old it's almost unfathomable to think about life outside of this wonderful, quaint town.  Sure, there are things I know I'll love about living in a larger town: more restaurant options, things to do past 9:00 p.m., awesome parks, more than one place to shop for clothing, and awesome sporting events.  But I'm starting to think about all the things I'll miss about Bolivar.  There are the obvious things: my family, my home, my church, my friends, El Rodeo, and 3 G's. :)  But now that the move is closer I'm starting to think about missing things that I never knew I even cared about.  For example, I went to my dentist last week for my last six month cleaning.  I found myself fighting back tears when I said goodbye to my dentist for the last time.  How ridiculous is that?  Anyway, here are some pictures from Jim's birthday celebration.





2 comments:

  1. Amy, you'll be fine. Then when you leave North Carolina you will miss that place, too. We still think fondly of our first married years there. Say hello to the Tarheel state for us.

    By the way, we'll all be very unhappy if you and Robert don't come by and have dinner or a play date with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Amy! I know it will be tough. Bring the rain lol I am ready for it! I believe that NC is the Blue Devil state if I remember correctly :)

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...