Monday, April 30, 2012

Our First Place

I've been waiting until I had a good chunk of time to devote to divulging all of the details about our first place.  Now that I've finished absolutely all of my graduate coursework (EEK!), it's basically summer break which means it doesn't matter that it's nearly 1:00 a.m. because I get to sleep in tomorrow!  Here are the dets (or is it deats?):

We got our number one choice for housing.  YES!  We visited SEBTS during spring break of 2011.  Let's reminisce for a moment.

Enjoying a relaxing (but chilly) day at the beach

At the Wright Brothers' Museum

So many gorgeous plants!

Insanity

Here are some pictures of places we looked at but will not be living

One of the few moments I was vertical during the visit.  I stayed in the car during the entire tour.  Made throwing up every few minutes much easier.  After the tour, Robert and I went and looked at open housing on our own.

Not living here - excited that we got a bathroom that has a counter and cabinet/drawer

Not living here either

Retro?

Too expensive

Maybe we'll have an upstairs one day. :)

Nope.



Okay, you guys - this is our first place!  Loving the hardwood floors, sliding glass door, patio, white trim, and overall cleanliness!

My first kitchen.  (Feeling like death warmed over at this point)  It comes with the fridge (SCORE!).  We obviously have a full-sized oven.  It doesn't have a little window, but it's better than the miniature stove that was in some of the other places.  We have a dishwasher, people!  Look at all of that cabinet space, too!  Stainless steel sink.  Ice maker.  We just don't have a garbage disposal, but I'd say it's a pretty sweet first kitchen, no?

While standing at the kitchen sink I'll be able to look out into the living room.  Maybe that will make doing the dishes more fun.  Right next to me you can see the coat closet.  There's also a walk-in pantry in the kitchen, but it isn't pictured.  I'm covering up the front door, but you can see the tile where you enter.

Laundry closet.  We don't have an official laundry room, but we do have a laundry closet in the hallway.  We can just close the doors, and it will be perfect.  Much better than having it in the kitchen which is how it was in some of the other units.

Guest bathroom - Notice the ample counter space along with cabinets and drawers.  There's even a bathtub! 

The master bathroom - It's pretty much the same.  There's a bathtub beside me.  Oddly enough, the master bathroom is slightly smaller than the guest bathroom.  Oh well.

His and her closets!!!  I don't look excited in this picture, but I guarantee you that if I hadn't just been to the edge of death and back I would totally be jumping up and down.

Guest bedroom - Visitors are always welcome.


Here are the details:

Flaherty Farms is a 228-unit apartment complex located 1.5 miles from the main campus. These apartments were built in 1998 and 1999.
This complex contains:
  • 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartments - small floor plan (THIS IS WHAT WE GOT.)
  • 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartments - large floor plan
  • 3-bedroom, 2-bath apartments
Features:
  • All apartments have a stove, ice-making refrigerator, dishwasher and washer/dryer connections.
  • All apartments are equipped with heat pumps for heating and cooling.
  • Mini-blinds and curtain rods are furnished for all windows.
  • There is one designated parking space for each apartment and unassigned/undesignated parking spaces for one other vehicle.
  • A trash compactor is provided by the seminary for trash disposal.
  • Pets are not permitted at Flaherty Farms.
You can look at the layout of our house by following this link and scrolling down to 2 bedroom small - 860 square feet.

I've started brainstorming the design scheme which will be the inspiration for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...