Friday, June 22, 2012

Staying at Home

Robert is known for saying something like, "You do more in one day than any other person in the world," on a regular basis.  I'm not sure about that, but I am a go getter to say the least.  These three weeks being a stay at home wife have been a very unique experience for me.  There are some aspects that I love (keeping the house clean and making dinner for Robert so Robert doesn't have to spend time doing those things when he comes home from work, taking naps, running errands, and watching shows on Netflix that I know I could never convince Robert to watch with me i.e. Teen Mom, Sister Wives, and Private Practice).  There are other aspects I have strongly disliked (lack of human interaction, only speaking to one person on some days, wondering if anything I did that day made any difference in the world).  It's been good for me.  I haven't been able to find my worth in getting good grades, having a good paying job, or having lots of quality friends.  But, as always, God is good.  I know He gave me this time of seclusion in order to make me rest.  God knows me better than I know myself.  If I were in school, had a full-time job, or tons of friends around me I'd be running myself ragged per usual, but without those things I was left to rest and just be with Him - something I don't usually plan myself but so worth it.

Over the past few weeks I have had several interviews at various businesses.  Three of the businesses sneakily disguised sales positions as marketing positions.  At these different interviews I just didn't get a good vibe.  I struggled with being too picky and being too desperate.  It's been tough, but I've only cried twice so far. :)

Last Monday I got to know the area a bit better by going to an auto shop and a mall.  I found an auto shop that's about two miles away from us that gives a 10% discount for SEBTS families.  Holla!  I got the air filter and two lights replaced in the Camry.  I went to the mall to get my ring cleaned and inspected.  So sparkly!

On Wednesday we celebrated one month of marriage by going to the NC Zoo.  It was spectacular!


This bear was doing quite the show for us! 

Ready for the 4D Dino movie - 3D movie with additional sensory aspects (air that blew on our necks when there was wind in the movie, streamers that blew out at our legs when there was a snake, and little things that poked our backs at certain points)

The prettiest pigeon I've ever seen

We loved the aviary!

Peregrine falcon

Love this idea - they had a tree stump set up at the perfect angle just so people could set the timer on their camera to take a picture in the aviary.  Perfect!
Yesterday was Robert's grandma June's birthday.  He got to talk to her for a bit which was really nice.  We love you, June!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...