Monday, June 4, 2012

Graduations

I graduated from Drury University on Saturday, May 12 with an MA in communication with an emphasis in organizational leadership and change.  The whole thing could be described as surreal.  As I walked into the gymnasium I couldn't help but think, "I really did it.  I didn't think this was possible."  I remembered my college graduation from SBU.  Before walking into the gym we walked down a hallway where our professors lined our path.  I walked past them with tears in my eyes.  I was so thankful for the impact they had made in my life.  I had such fond memories with my peers, professors, and others at SBU.  Drury graduation was a completely different feeling for me.  I didn't feel sad or sentimental.  I felt like a warrior and conqueror.  I made it through a rigorous and intense degree in 11 months.  I was part of the first graduating class to do so.  It would be easy to get a big head and think about how awesome I am, but the truth is I'm not awesome at all.  I am a sinner and completely unworthy of my Father's grace and blessings.  This experience wasn't easy at all, but it was such a great reminder that I am human and need Abba's help to do the hard things - and the easy things, too.  Thank you, God, for showing your faithfulness in my life.

My home for 11 months

Accelerated cohort

The Grabowski Four

With Memaw and Pepaw

So happy Serina was able to come in from VA to watch me graduate!  I'm glad you were there, too, Robert. :)

So official
One week later (Saturday, May 19) it was time for Robert to graduate.  It was my first SBU graduation to attend as an alum.  So cool!  Somehow I didn't end up with any pictures of R's graduation.  I have no idea how that happened, but I do know that it was a happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...