Monday, January 14, 2013

Winter Updates

It seems like things have been super boring lately, but I guess quite a bit has happened since my last blog post.  We spent Christmas in NC with Robert's parents.  It was definitely good not to be all by ourselves, but it was strange not being in Bolivar with my parents, brother, and grandparents.  I had to work every day that week except for Christmas day, so that didn't really leave time to travel anywhere.  Also, with plane tickets being super expensive around holidays it just couldn't happen.  Robert is still on his Christmas break, so he was able to be with his parents quite a bit while they were in town.

For New Years Eve we were able to go to PA to visit my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins.  I got two days off for New Years, and since it coincided with the weekend I had 4 days off which allowed us to make the eight hour drive to Northeastern Pennsylvania.  It was so great!  We hadn't seen everybody since our wedding.  It was perfect - it snowed the day before we got there and the day after we got there so we got to enjoy the lovely white stuff without having to brave terrible roads.  We were able to go sledding twice with my cousin Ryan.  We also had lots of delicious food, had an early celebration for Uncle Doug's birthday, went to church with Grandma and Grandpa, had a little belated Christmas, and played tons and tons of games.  It was great!

Robert is in Jan term right now.  He's taking Greek 1.  It's 13 days from 8:30-12:00, and he is doing so well.  He has gotten A's on all of his quizzes and his one test.  I am very impressed!  He will continue by taking Greek 2 in the spring.  He was also able to clep out of Hebrew 1 and 2 last week.  He took Hebrew 3 in the fall, and since he passed we were able to pay a small fee in order to get the six credit hours for Hebrew 1 and 2.  I'm so happy that Robert was able to save us time and money by skipping Hebrew 1 and 2.

We were able to have quite a bit of friend time this weekend.  We had one of Robert's old coworkers (Christine) and her husband (Brian) over for dinner on Saturday.  I made homemade pizza and they brought salad with homemade honey goat milk dressing.  I can honestly say I had never had that before, but it was really good.  We spent the evening playing Anomia, Sequence, and working on a puzzle.  On Saturday I was able to go for a walk with Katie, and Allie, and Jolie, and last night we were able to have Allie and Jolie over for some playtime. 

My parents will be here for Martin Luther King weekend, and we are so excited!  We don't have any big plans while they're here, but I know it'll be a great time.  Robert hasn't seen my dad since August, and he hasn't seen Mom since October.  I saw both of them in Bolivar the last weekend of November, but it still feels like it's been way too long.

Robert started a new job at Wake Forest Florist and is absolutely loving it.  He works from 9:00-5:00 on Friday and Monday and 9:00-2:00 on Saturday.  It's perfect since he won't have class on Mondays or Fridays this semester.  He really likes his boss and co-workers, and he loves that he gets to just load up the car for deliveries and do his thing and be on his own for a bit.  It's definitely helping him get around town even better.  This job pays quite a bit better than his old job too - definitely not complaining about that. :) 

We had unseasonably warm weather this weekend.  We turned off the heater and pulled open the sliding glass door.  I was able to take two nice walks outside, and we both got to wear shorts, t-shirts, and sandals.  It was great!  Bolivar got some freezing rain/ice this weekend.  It might sound weird to some people, but I miss that.  Don't get me wrong, warm weather is obviously nice, but I'm just so used to it being cold in the winter.  I miss the snow, ice, cold, and wind of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...