Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finals

We are now officially members of Faith Baptist Church.  It's a happy/sad feeling.  It's exciting to have completed the process, but it's also kind of sad to not be a member of First Baptist Church any longer.  I had been a member there forever, and Robert joined about a year ago as well. 

Other highlights of last week:
  • Shane & Shane and Phil Wickham Christmas concert
  • Blackboard Christmas party
Robert is SO close to finishing his first semester of grad school.  He had a final last Thursday and one yesterday.  Tomorrow he will turn in a paper and a take home test.  Then he's completely finished.  He's done so great!  It's a weird dynamic to only have one of us in school.  Our entire relationship we have both been in school.  We spent countless hours studying side by side.  We could assist each other as necessary.  My main role was proofreading Robert's paper.  Robert's main role was helping me with research and helping me with frustrating computer problems.  But now that I'm no longer in school it's so different.  I definitely want to support Robert in his academic endeavors, but I also want to come home from work and relax.  I feel bad saying, "Can you go to the office to study?  I want to watch tv."  I certainly want to offer my skills and assist Robert, but at times I feel like you know what?  I've paid my dues.  I've finished grad school.  I'm so over it.  Wives of student husbands, how do you balance this role?

With the semester almost over Robert will be able to work quite a bit more at The Tea Room for the next few weeks which will be super nice.  He will start up with his winter term class on January 2.  He will be taking Greek I for three weeks.  Then it'll be time to kick off the spring semester.  Two more years two more years two more years!  Can't wait til the day that we are both out of school and both working full-time.  Just two more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...