Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Whirlwind

To say that the past few days have been a whirlwind would be an understatement.  Robert was gone all weekend with DNow at Faith.  I was bummed to not be able to help with DNow, but with my new job I was having to work later hours than usual and it just didn't work out.  Robert had a great time with his 6th grade boys.  Most memorable moment of the weekend: One of the boys threw up in the car and ended up throwing up 6 times before Robert could get him back home.  It was such a bizarre story.  Let me tell you.  Friday morning Robert woke up and said, "Amy you can't drive the car to work today.  I need it for DNow."  I had just woken up and wasn't prepared to create a game plan.  All I knew what that was not going to work.  Robert ended up being able to borrow Ben and Allie's second car.  I tell you what, they are such a huge blessing in our lives.  Anyway, the boy threw up 3 times in Ben's car and 3 times on the side of the road.  Robert's group was staying at the house of the director of facilities/maintenance of the church so he had plenty of cleaning supplies including a Bissell upholstery cleaner.  The seat ending up looking better than ever.  That accompanied by hours with the windows down and plenty of Febreze and they were good to go.

While Robert was gone I missed him so much.  Seriously.  I felt like such a baby.  I mean, I've spent plenty of time by myself before like when a roommate would go home for the weekend or something, but something about this just seemed different.  Hours seemed to tick by.  But I was able to get quite a bit done.  Our apartment had turned into a complete mess since it had been a busy week.  I cleaned it up and did 4 loads of laundry.  How do two people produce 4 loads of laundry in a week?!?  I also went grocery shopping.  But I also had plenty of time for fun - Sonic and a walk with Katie and hanging with my favorite 1 year old Jolie.


Could she be any cuter?
On Sunday I got a shocking call from Dad saying that his brother - Uncle Doug - had passed away suddenly.  I think the best way to describe how I felt was complete and utter shock.  The last relative of mine that passed away was my great grandmother Sweetie when I was a sophomore in high school.  Robert and I spent a long time weeping together.  And then what do you do after that?  Doing anything after that seems kind of pointless.  So we went on a walk and talked some more.  It's safe to say that I'm definitely still processing this new reality.  Mom, Dad, and Jim are flying to PA as I type.  I will fly out of Raleigh tomorrow at 6:00am.  There will be two visitations tomorrow, and the funeral will be on Friday.  I'm singing at it.  I'll be singing "You Wouldn't Cry" by Mandisa.

Double mullets

The siblings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...