Monday, April 22, 2013

Holding down the fort

Saturday was my Grandma's 77th birthday.  Wish we could have been there to celebrate!  But I did get to chat with her for a bit and Dad sent her some beautiful flowers.


Robert's dad came to town Saturday in time for dinner.  We enjoyed some delicious food at Shuckers.  We ended the night by introducing Ray to one of our favorite movies: Nacho Libre.  We loved it of course. :)

We went to church together yesterday morning, and then the guys headed out shortly after that for a three day hiking trip.  They'll return Wednesday evening.  I'm sure many of you can relate, but I just hate it when Robert and I are apart.  The time away from each other goes by SO slowly.  It's unreal.  I am very thankful for Katie though.  Her husband is in Texas right now and she got left behind to work like me.  How unfair is it that our men get to be on spring break while we bring home the bacon?  I'm kidding.  Kind of...Anyway, she's bored and lonely too which works out well.  After the guys left I attempted to take a nap but only fell asleep for about 10 minutes because I was too focused on the fact that I had 80 hours to go until Robert's return.  When I got up Katie and I went for a long walk.  She's a great walking/talking buddy.  I've found that a good walking buddy is usually an excellent sign of a wonderful friend. :)  We parted for a bit for dinner, and I watched an episode of 30 Rock.  I also did a bit of cooking to add some meals to the freezer.

Gluten-free broccoli and kale quiche

Gluten free spicy chicken and bean soup
Katie came back over after a bit and we did our nails together.


After awhile, Ben came over and invited us to roast marshmallows and hotdogs.  It was so much fun!  And Robert was jealous so it was a success.


I spent the rest of the evening at home on my own.  I got to chat with Robert for a bit.  They made it to their hotel just fine.  They took a nap and then scoped out the town a bit, went on a little walk, and enjoyed dinner after Chili's.  The hotel has a pool, but Robert says it is the size of a cell phone. haha  I tidied up a bit after that and enjoyed some me time.  I slept semi-okay, but not awesome.  I actually slept better than I had anticipated - only woke up a couple of time for a few minutes each time, but I can definitely say I'm ready for Robert to be home already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...