Monday, January 6, 2014

What I've Done - Black Bean Fiesta Burgers

I've tried a couple of bean burger recipes so far, and I think I've come up with a conglomeration of all of them and have come up with a winner.

1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
3 T corn meal
1 c cooked rice
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro - including stems
1/3 cup diced white onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chopped garlic
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice

Put all items in the food processor/blender.  Mold into burger patties.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.  I mixed together a few tablespoons of mayo with hot sauce mixed in and served that on the hamburger buns.  Delicious!  I just told Robert to pretend it wasn't even a burger and not compare it to a real hamburger and he liked it!  It's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...