Sunday, September 28, 2014

Life Lately, 9.28

Last week seemed very full.  It was one of those weeks where I can't exactly pinpoint it, but we just didn't seem to have much free time.  It was a good week, but it's been nice to have a slow weekend to recover.  Newsy things to report:

This semester I have started working in the nursery on Wednesday nights.  I volunteer in the 3 year old room with another lady, and we have about 10 kiddos.  I only knew one of the kids going into it - our Sunday School teachers' youngest daughter, Macie.  Macie is so adorable.  She's one of two girls in the class, and she likes to sit on my lap and hold my hand any chance she gets.  Last week it was raining and she came in with pink cat rain boots and a ladybug umbrella.  Could she get any cuter?  The boys are fun, too.  Last week we had a very intense Lego building session.  Everyone built a tower, of course.  One of the sweetest moments so far was when one boy said, "I have a Bible at home, and it says to obey God and to obey my parents."  It's really cool to see kids picking up on Biblical principles at a young age like that.  They are definitely fun and entertaining.

Robert took a weekend intensive this weekend.  It was the 9Marks conference.  He had class Thursday from 5:30-9:30, Friday from 10:00-9:30, and Saturday from 9:00-12:30.  Whew!  He was busy, but now he has another 3 credit hours completed.  He said he really enjoyed the conference.  Each year they cover a different one of Mark Dever's 9Marks, and this year it was membership.

I got my hair trimmed this week.  Nothing dramatic, but it looks healthier.  This was a big deal because I haven't found much success in getting my hair cut here.  I usually just wait until I'm going to Missouri and have Lori cut it, but with no plans to go to MO any time soon, I decided to break down and give it another whirl.  I found a place near my office that stays opens until 7:30.   It's called Body Bliss.  It was awesome!  I found a deal on Groupon for a haircut, wash, and style for $19.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.  They were able to get me in two days after I called so I didn't have to wait long at all.  I got a stylist named Shelby, and she was so easy and fun to talk to.  The shop was cute, clean, and well-decorated, and everyone was friendly.  I really enjoyed my experience, and I wish I would have found it two years ago when we first moved here.

I've picked up crocheting again.  Robert's co-worker asked for two hats recently, and I was reminded of how much I like it.  Hats are easy and take less than a week.  One of my co-workers and friends (Mary Beth) is an avid chrocheter, and she has inspired me to make an afghan.  I know it will probably take a long time, but I've made my first granny square so I'm on my way.  I'll keep ya posted.

Finally, we went to the Youngsville Fall Festival this weekend.  One of the perks of Robert having class this weekend was that he didn't have to work and had Saturday afternoon free.  We enjoyed our lunch at Amigosan food truck.  I got the Texas Sombrero with chicken, and R got it with beef.  We split Amigosan tater tots.  It was delicious, and the service was really good.  We also enjoyed walking around and looking at all the cool cars.  It was a fun start to fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...