Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weeks 7-13

Here's a recap of everything you've missed so far:

7 Weeks (Sunday, December 14, 2014)
Size of baby: A blueberry, 0.51 inches

8 Weeks (Sunday, December 21, 2014)
Size of baby: A large raspberry, 0.63 inches

9 weeks (Sunday December 28, 2014)
Size of baby: A green olive, 0.9 inches, 0.07 ounces

10 weeks (Sunday, January 4, 2015)
Size of baby: A prune, 1.2 inches, 0.14 ounces

11 weeks (Sunday, January 11, 2015)
Size of baby: A lime, 1.6 inches, 0.25 ounces


12 weeks (Sunday, January 18, 2015)
Size of baby: A plum, 2.5 inches, 0.5 ounces

13 weeks (Sunday, January 25, 2015)
Size of baby: A peach, 2.9 inches, 0.81 ounces

Milestones: Baby has lost his/her tail.  Moved from a fetus with a yoke sac to a fetus with a placenta.  Has arm joints and cartilage and bones are forming.  Vital organs are fully developed.  Fingernails and hair are starting to appear.  Swallowing and kicking.  Baby teeth are forming under the gums.  Vocal cords are forming.  Intestines are moving from the umbilical cord into the tummy.

In my opinion, I've been pretty sick.  Of course, I have no other pregnancy of my own with which to compare it, but from what I've heard from other people, I seem to have it pretty bad.  My mom can't remember feeling to sick and thinks she might have thrown up once.  It seems like mine was the absolute worst around weeks 7-9.  I would throw up 3-4 times a day, and it was difficult to even keep water down.  My prenatal vitamin would make me sick even when I took it with a meal.  However, I am thankful that I never got sick in public.  It only ever happened at home.  Things died down for a couple of weeks with me throwing up a couple of times a week, but in the last week things have picked up again due to an increased sensitivity to smells.  I started dry heaving when we walked by a man who  was smoking - not exactly the socially appropriate response.  The smell of coffee made me get sick the other day.  I keep thinking I'm over it, but then another episode occurs.  I've heard horror stories of sickness lasted until 20 weeks or even throughout the whole pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...