Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Life Lately, 2.25.15

We've been in Missouri for over a month now, and it's weird to think it's almost March.  At the start of February my friend Dee Dee and I took some coupons and got free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme.  It made me regret never going to the original location when we lived in NC.  Oh well.


Last year First Baptist had its first annual Father/Daughter Banquet.  I couldn't go for obvious reasons, so I was so happy to not only attend but to speak at it with my parents and Pepaw as well.  The food was good, the games were fun, and the speakers were great. ;)  




About two weeks after starting at South Gate, Robert and I were to host the Valentine's Banquet which is a fundraiser for youth camp.  Everything went so great, and we're very thankful for the people who helped prep food and decorations, the youth who worked as servers, the people who bought tickets and attended, and the talented youth performers.  Robert and I even got to sing two songs together: Wonderful World and Can You Feel the Love Tonight.  My parents and Robert's mom and grandparents were able to attend.  Serina, Gary, and June spent the night afterward and were our first overnight guests.  The next morning we hit up Springfield Family Restaurant for breakfast, gave them a tour of the church, walked around Bass Pro, and ate lunch at Hemingway's.



Both of my mom's sisters came to town over Valentine's weekend, and we were so happy to get to meet up with everyone for dinner while they were here.

We got our first real Missouri snow about a week and a half ago.  It started with some sleet and turned into snow.  School was cancelled for two days, but the kids had already had a four day weekend, so they ended up getting six days off in a row.  Robert got to go sledding with the students on Monday.  I was so jealous, but I figured sledding wasn't the best idea for pregnant people, and I was working from home so I was busy.  Six days after the snow we got some freezing rain.  The snow has melted away quite a bit, but we definitely still have some on the ground.  The melting has helped to produced some epic icicles.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...