Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weeks 14-17

14 Weeks (Sunday, February 1)
Size of baby: A lemon, 3.4 inches

15 Weeks (Sunday, February 8)
Size of baby: An orange, 4.0 inches

16 Weeks (Sunday, February 15)
Size of baby: An avocado, 4.6 inches

17 Weeks (Sunday, February 22)
Size of baby: An onion, 5.1 inches

Milestones: Baby has lanugo (peach fuzz) all over the body.  Baby can hiccup.  Joints and limbs move freely.  Baby has eyelashes and is developing small bones inside the ears.  Baby is putting on fat and getting thicker.

I'm feeling significantly better.  I think I've only gotten sick about three times this month.  I still have moments of nausea, but if I just eat a snack or take a break from eating my dinner I feel better after just a bit.  I've also been having some heartburn after eating Mexican or other spicy foods, so I've been keeping Tums at hand.

My lower abdomen has been pretty sensitive as things inside are growing and stretching.  Occasionally, when I stand up quickly I'll get a stitch in my side.  Other than that, pregnancy isn't all that uncomfortable right now.

We still haven't personally purchased anything for baby, but we've received a few gifts and have the very beginnings of a nursery.  Memaw and Pepaw have been storing Jim's and my old crib for approximately 24 years, and Pepaw came to help Robert set it up the other day.  We'll have to do a slight modification so it no longer has drop sides, but I'm so excited to reuse it.  Serina brought us a beautiful rocking chair as well.  According to our calculations, it belonged to Baby V's great great great grandmother.  Serina had it beautifully recovered.  How cool to think of all the adorable little babies who have been rocked in it.  Dad got us a cute Penn State onesie and Nittany Lion hat, and Serina got us a "My Grandma Loves Me" onesie.  Finally, our awesome Sunday School class from North Carolina sent us a children's Bible, and they all signed it.




Just 12 days until we find out baby's gender!  I'm still guessing girl, and R is guessing boy but starting to lean closer to girl.  What's your guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...