Sunday, July 26, 2015

Weeks 36-39

36 Weeks (Sunday, July 5)
Size of baby: A honeydew melon, 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2-5.8 pounds

37 Weeks (Sunday, July 12)
Size of baby: A winter melon, 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 pounds

38 Weeks (Sunday, July 19)
Size of baby: A pumpkin, 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 pounds

39 Weeks (Sunday, July 26)
Size of baby: A watermelon, 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 pounds

Milestones: Her skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, circulation and immune systems are good to go, she can flex her muscles, her hair and fingernails are growing.

I've started dreaming about things that I've missed while being pregnant.  It's been surprising how many things I took for granted before I was pregnant.  I miss being able to lay on my stomach.  I've never been a stomach sleeper, but it's still nice to just be able to be on my stomach for a minute when I want.  I miss eating sandwiches with lunch meat.  Thankfully, I love PBJ sandwiches, but I'll be sure to eat a turkey or ham sandwich shortly after baby is born.  I've missed having normal temperature regulation.  I'm pretty hot-natured, so I'm used to being warm but combine being hot-natured, having hormonal hot flashes, and being 9 months pregnant in July, and it feels like I may never be cool again.  I've also missed being able to wear all of my shoes.  I went to put on my black dress shoes the other day, and it just wasn't happening.  I've been sticking to flip flops and tennis shoes.  I've missed Sonic Happy Hour Dr. Peppers.  I'm over cherry limeades.  I've missed having my normal level of energy.  The other night I slept for 9 hours, woke up for 2 hours, and then took a 2 hour nap.  I know, I know...I'll miss that "luxury" once baby arrives, but since when was 11 hours not enough to survive the day?  I miss being able to go for a walk and not walking at a snail's pace.  I still walk every day, but it's slow and steady that's for sure.  I miss non-swollen feet and ankles.  I miss being able to wear all of my clothes.  It'll be like having a whole new wardrobe when I can wear my normal clothes again!

Hey, here's one thing I don't miss - cleaning out the litter box!

1 comment:

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...