Monday, August 3, 2015

Life Lately - 8.3.15

What do you know, July was another busy month.  It's been a packed month, and I can kind of understand how people say the school year is less busy because we've just been so busy with fun things lately!  We went to Bolivar one day and made a whole day of it.  We started out with breakfast at Brenda's Cafe with Tiffani.  There is no other  friend who makes me laugh more.  Robert likes hanging with us because we turn into giggle monsters for no reason and just can't stop.  Everybody needs a friend like that!  The only non-fun part of the day was our 6 month trip to the dentist.  No cavities for me!  Robert...well, you can ask him. ;)  Next was lunch with Memaw and Pepaw, followed by a traditional foot massage by Memaw.  She's the best masseuse around!  We followed that up with a trip to Sonic with Emily, Elise, and Leigha.  These girls are great!  We hadn't seen Emily in so long, and it was great to squeeze in a quick visit before her trip to China and before she starts her last year of pharmacy school.  Elise lived in various countries while we lived in North Carolina, and our trips back to Bolivar overlapped only a couple of times.  We're so happy that she's going to be a Spanish teacher at BHS so we can see her more now!  And Leigha was able to swing by after work to meet us at Sonic.  Elise and Leigha are duplex roommates now, and I'm looking forward to seeing their place soon.  Then we went to Jim and Taylor's house and met the newest addition to their family - Harvey the dog.  He's very cute and lovable.  Our day wrapped up with dinner with Mom and Dad.  Could you ask for a more fun day?
Harvey
Serina made a quick visit to Springfield to stay the night with us.  Her trip included getting a pedicure, so that's never a bad thing.  She was also able to come to church with us and made the youth some homemade cinnamon rolls.  Robert did a duet special in the service, and it was nice that she got to hear that, too.  Serina left shortly after lunch on Sunday, I took a quick nap, and then girls' day at the lake commenced!  This was a very fun afternoon and evening, but I'm not sure that I'll be volunteering to take a dozen teenagers to the lake in July when I'm 37 weeks pregnant ever again. ;)  For the record, no, I did not go tubing!  I manned the picnic area and watched the swimmers.



Just a couple of days later we had a lock in for the youth.  I only stayed until about 9:30.  Then I went home and reappeared at the church for breakfast the next morning.  It was a success, as proven by the fact that it took Robert two days to recover!  They went to a trampoline/gymnastics place, had lots of good food, played games, and enjoyed running around the church in the dark.

Robert had the opportunity to officiate his first wedding this month.  The wedding was for a former SBU roommate of his, and the wedding occurred at the Elfindale Chapel.  Robert did a great job, and the wedding was very nice!

I've traditionally suffered from migraines.  It's been so bad on a consistent basis.  Before becoming pregnant I was on a daily preventative migraine medicine and also had an "emergency" as needed medicine.  Unfortunately, those medicines constrict your blood vessels, so I had to wean off of them when Baby V came on the scene.  Thankfully, my migraines have been pretty under control without medicine over the past several months.  Anyway, when I do feel one coming on I can only take Tylenol which basically doesn't do anything.  Unfortunately, I had a doozy of a migraine the other day.  It lasted roughly 24 hours and included all of my normal, horrible side effects - pain around my eyeballs, sweating, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, inability to fall asleep, and unbelievably uncomfortable.  It was the worst.  Fellow migraine sufferers, you have my empathy.  The one bright side of this day was that Memaw came to visit!  She made us lunch and dinner, hung out with me, and provided another great foot massage.  I even gave her a summer pedicure!

Robert and I went and saw Pitch Perfect 2 at The Palace.  It was good and only $3.50/person!

We had another fun summertime activity last Sunday night - Slip n Slide!  Again, I obviously didn't slip or slide, but I was the water sprayer, and it was a lot of fun!



On Thursday Memaw and Pepaw were in town and they met up with Robert and me for lunch at Lola's.  Jim called at the perfect time to see what I was up to, and he was able to join us for lunch as well.  Things like this make living in MO again so fun!  (Side note to NC friends: We miss you guys!!!)  We went to Bolivar that night to go to Kelsey's baby shower.  I must confess that I had hoped I might not be able to go because I'd be in labor or have a newborn in my arms, but it was great to see Lance and Kelsey and other friends.

On Friday we had what we had hoped would be our final OBGYN appointment.  I guess it still could be, but when we left we had to make another appointment for this Friday, August 7.  Baby and I are still doing well, and things are progressing as they should.  She'll be here when she wants!  We also sneaked in one more date - A lunch at Casper's and a walk through the Japanese Stroll Garden.






Ray got here on Saturday.  He's staying at a local RV park in preparation for Baby V's arrival.  The park is only about 10 minutes from our townhouse and also quite close to the hospital, so it's a good location for him.

School will start back up in just about a week and a half.  What are you doing with your last bit of summer break?

Lastly, here's some Mittens cuteness to end your day well.











1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the migraines! We've been keeping up with your blog, and hope that Baby V comes sooner rather than later. Wish we could have been there for all of the summer reunions!

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...