Monday, October 5, 2015

September 2015

September is always a busy month for us, and this year has been no exception!

My dad's birthday is 9/5, and mine is 9/8, so we did a combo birthday party with Labor Day.  We enjoyed a great dinner at Jim and Taylor's house and had a super fun day all around.  Robert snagged some four generation pictures for us!


The next day, on my actual birthday, I went out for lunch with Becky, but otherwise had a fairly normal day.  It's a different kind of birthday when you have a one month old.  I don't think she knew it was my birthday and didn't let me off the hook in the diaper and feeding departments.

I started MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers) this month.  It's at an Assembly of God church about 20 minutes from our house, so it's a bit of a drive, but I chose this location because I know someone who attends MOPS here, and they meet on the first and third Tuesday of the month from 9:30-11:30 which works well for my schedule.  I didn't want to set too high of expectations since I really didn't know what it would be like, but I really liked it!  I've been assigned a table to sit at all year.  The table has a conversation leader who has elementary age children, a mentor (aka grandma), and six of us moms of preschoolers.  We've only had our first meeting so far, and it was mostly an instructional, get to know you meeting, but I'm really looking forward to our future get togethers.  I think it'll be a great time to share stories and experiences who are in the same season of life as I am.

I had my 6 week OBGYN follow up appointment this month as well.  It was great to see Dr. Graves and nurse Gail again, especially since Gail had never met Sarah.  I obviously didn't mind the opportunity to show off Sarah to the office.  I thanked Dr. Graves again for taking care of my needs so well during my delivery and after.  She's great, and I'd recommend her to anyone!

Okay, so I grew up on Aldi.  When Robert and I started dating I introduced him to the awesomeness of Aldi, and he's a total convert.  The Aldi that we shop at is the busiest one in the country, and I totally believe it.  You basically have to walk at a snail's pace to go down the aisles.  Anyway, a couple of months after moving here we heard that Aldi was coming to a suburb of us, and we got very excited knowing that we could either shop at this new Aldi or that maybe our Aldi would be less busy because other people would go to the new Aldi.  My dad saw an article in the newspaper saying that Aldi would have some great giveaways for their grand opening, so we couldn't resist!  We got a $5 coupon in the mail - Aldi NEVER does coupons, so it was kind of monumental.  Anyway, the first 100 people would get a prize.  Guess who was #66!  Woop woop!  We got a $25 gift certificate and free grocery tote.  We also entered into a contest to win free produce but didn't win.  It was still kind of cool to be there for the first day, and it's definitely classier than any other Aldi I've ever been to before.

Mom's fifth grade students came to town for a field trip, and she invited me to meet up with them at a park for a bit so they could see me and meet Sarah.  The quote of the experience would be, "She is the definition of adorable." :)

Robert and I hadn't been to SBU homecoming since 2012, so we were very excited to be able to attend this year.  Of course, we loved getting to see the bed races, parade, and lots of friends, but the best part was seeing my mom receive the Life Service Award.  My mom is such a great person and very deserving on this award.  Here's a link to some info about it.  Mom's sisters, Pam and Dana, came to town for homecoming and got to meet Sarah for the first time, too!
By SBU's new fountain

Honors chapel to receive the Life Service Award

Second generation friends hanging at the parade

The happy family - note Dad feeding Sarah behind Robert's head

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...