Monday, August 5, 2019

Sarah is 4!

Sarah turns 4 years old today! I am very thankful for my daughter, and it's been a great year! When I think of Sarah I think of energy, curiosity, beauty, kindness, and humor. I think the gift of being a mom to a baby for the second time now has made me cherish my time with Sarah even more. I'm realizing more and more how fast they grow up. The days are long, but the years are short.


Sarah will be starting PreK in two weeks.  It's hard to believe that this is our last year together before she's in Kindergarten.  She enjoyed her year in Preschool, and thinks that she's nearly a teenager since she's going to PreK. This year she learned how to identify all of the lowercase and uppercase numbers, because even more curious about numbers, became obsessed with rhyming, started writing letters, and made lots of new friends at school.

She loves junk food.  What 4 year old doesn't? If she had her way she'd eat waffles and cake for every meal, but she also likes some really healthy foods like peas and asparagus. She still isn't a huge eater most of the time, but manages to be a very healthy, growing girl.

She's about 42 pounds and 42" and is so excited to finally be riding in a booster seat! I am also excited. :)

She enjoys helping in the kitchen, playing outside, playing Barbies, and doing arts and crafts.

I don't feel old enough to have a four year old, but ready or not, here we come!

Dear Sarah,
I love you so much. You made me a mommy, and you're my sidekick.  We've spent more than 1400 days together at this point, so I think it's safe to say that I know you more than anyone else does. I know that one day you will use your incredible mind to change the world whether it's by being a urologist or a stay at home mom (or both!), and I love getting to see you use it now to explore the world. When you crawl onto my lap and say, "I need a MiMi snuggle," I melt every time. You will always be my baby even though you're such a big girl and remind me of that daily. You are everything I ever could have asked for in a daughter and more. You have a way with words and use that ability to make me laugh, smile, and think deeply. You feel your feelings so strongly and aren't afraid to express them. That inspires me. You aren't afraid to be yourself whether it's expressed through dancing on a table, picking out an incredible Sarah fashion outfit, or singing in the bathroom. You propel me to be myself. I love being silly with you and having inside jokes that only you and I understand because, after all, "We're the girls!" I am thankful for the privilege of being your Mommy. You are my favorite 4 year old in all the land.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...