Friday, June 21, 2019

Life Lately, June 21

Now that I'm back to blogging, here's a recap of our spring and summer.  You know we went on a big trip to PA

I don't think I ever mentioned that Robert started a PhD last August, so he's almost finished with his first year!  He's studying Pastoral Ministry at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.  It'll be a long road since he is continuing to be a full-time pastor while in school, but we think he has about two years of class left followed by working on his dissertation for two or three years.  He's doing great!  For each class he goes in person to KC for 40 hours of seated time, and the rest of the class he completes from home.  When he goes in person he gets to stay with his mom and her husband which is really nice! He even made his own "Cloffice" (closet office) for studying at home.  I'm so proud of him!

Sarah had such an amazing year at preschool.  I couldn't have asked for a better experience for her.  She went two mornings a week, and next school year she'll be in PreK three mornings a week.  She learned how to identify all lowercase and uppercase letters, improved in her counting and handwriting skills, made news friends, and enjoyed the special Spanish and Stretch and Grow classes.  She's so sad that school is out for summer which is absolutely precious to me. 

Sarah had her first haircut in March, and she loved it!  I had the same lady who gave me my first haircut do it for Sarah.  My mom still gets her hair done there, and she got to come too.  Sarah got her hair washed, cut, and styled.  She wants to go back every day!

My mom retired in May, and we're so excited to spend more time with her! 

Sarah says the funnest and most adorable things regularly.  Here are some examples:

  • She made up some verses for Hush Little Baby: Hush, little baby, Mama's gonna get you a heart, and if that heart should break she'll put it in the trash, but she'll have to sweep it up first. Mama's gonna buy you some hairspray, and if that hairspray runs out Mama's gonna buy you some hair gel.
  • If you don't poop for a long time it can causes problems.
  • What does my soul look like?
  • It breaks Jesus' heart when we fight
  • That's a pretty house.  Maybe when I get married I can buy it and we can be neighbors.  That'd be fun!
  • Thank you for not making me ride in my stroller.  Dad makes me, and it's so embarrassing!
  • Can you please contact Ms Sandy and tell her I won't be at preschool any longer?  I've grown up and will be going to high school.
  • Do you know who the king is? Jesus!
  • Remember that gross McDonald's in West Plains, and it had a lot of flies?  Yeah, at least there weren't any bears.
  • What was it like when you were pregnant with Mittens?
  • When I'm holding a baby, he's so warm and cuddly that it feels like he's holding me!
  • God, please help Taylor Swift to become a Christian.
  • Mittens turns 7 on Saturday.  Is she old enough to go to college now?
  • I'm good at practicing being 4!
  • The top of my feet are cold, and the bottom of my feet are warm just like how some planets in the universe are hot and some are cold!
  • I'm allergic to dust so I'm never going to the moon since it has so much dust! (Robert says you'd wear a helmet and have oxygen so the dust wouldn't bother you.) Okay, if I go to the moon Dad can come with me to keep away the meanies.
  • I heard there are streets of gold in heaven.  I can't wait to see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...