Sunday, June 16, 2019

Tasty Recipes

I wanted to share some recipes with you that I found on Pinterest, tried, and our family liked.  Robert and I both enjoy cooking, but with two kids at home, I typically need to look for recipes that are fast or can be prepared in advance.  Sarah is old enough now that she truly can help which is very fun! 

Snickerdoodles - Robert has historically said that he doesn't like snickerdoodles which is a shame because I love them.  I found this recipe for a thick and chewy version, and he loves them!  I guess what he doesn't like about most snickerdoodles is when they're thin and crispy, so if you're the same way, you will like these!

Lettuce wraps - I guess these are a replica of a menu item at P.F Chang's, but I actually make it as a salad instead of a wrap.  You can use romaine or any other lettuce mix you like.  I omit the mushrooms because Sarah and I don't like them.  If you don't have almond butter, use natural peanut butter.  I've even used natural crunchy peanut butter before and it wasn't a big deal.  If you use almond butter it'll be Whole30 compliant.

Refried beans - It seems a little over the top to make your own refried beans, but when I got a pressure cooker I was looking for recipes and found this one.  I don't use dried beans because Aldi doesn't have them, so I seriously just use a large can of pinto beans and less water than it calls for.  Robert says he can never eat canned refried beans again after having this.  After it's cooked, I drain out some of the water before blending it up with my emulsion blender.

Sausage, egg, and cheese balls - Ok, these are amazing.  You can't taste the coconut flour at all, and they taste like a treat and not like they're keto.  Everyone loves them.  Sarah can usually eat three which is saying something!  Instead of using breakfast sausage we use plain ground pork.

Chicken sausage and veggie sheet pan - I came across this recipe a few years ago and now I make a variation of it at least once a month.  You just need chicken sausage, any vegetables you have on hand, oil, and spices.  You can't go wrong!!!

Homemade breakfast sausage - This tastes just as good as store-bought sausage and is so much better for you!  You can make it without salt if that's necessary for your health needs and you really can't tell a difference.  Make a bunch in advance and freeze as patties or ground up.

Cranberry jalapeno dip - This dip is amazing!  It's one of those where you could sit down and eat the whole thing.  You have to prepare some of it the night before, but it's worth it!

What are some of your favorite recipes these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...