Wednesday, June 19, 2019

2019 Books so far

I know I am the last person on the planet to do so, but I read the entire Harry Potter series this year from January-April.  I loved it!  I don't need to give a review because you've probably already read the books or watched the movies, but it was great, and I didn't want it to end.  I had wanted to read more fiction in 2018 and didn't do it, but I feel like I definitely made up for it over the first four months of 2019!

I followed it up with some nonfiction and read It's Not Supposed to be This Way. I found myself nodding in agreement and crying throughout it.

In MOPS this year we had a guest speaker who became a widow in her 20's when her husband battled colon cancer.  I received her memoir, What I Wasn't Expecting When I Was Expecting, as well.  It's a quick read and kept my attention.  I enjoyed being able to support a local author, and her story was gripping.

So I've read nine books so far this year.  Obviously, the Harry Potter books were all very long.  Robert bought me a few books at Lifeway when everything was on clearance before it closed, so I have a few books on my "Want to Read" bookshelf: Sacred Parenting, Love Where You Live: How to Live Sent in the Place You Call Home, Born to Wander: Recovering the Value of our Pilgrim Identity, Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles that can Radically Change Your Family, and The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity.

What are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...