Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dating Robert Clark Varner

Dating Robert Clark Varner has been one of the greatest blessings, and I look forward to being married to him and all the fun and good times that are sure to accompany it.  Our summer was crazy (Robert worked full time to buy me some bling, and I went to summer school - how could we possibly forget about that?), and now the school year has hit full-force.  Sometimes when we're sitting on the couch watching tv and studying for the umpteenth night in a row, my heart cries out for a good date with undivided attention.  And that, my friends, is exactly what I got this weekend.
I got to pick our date for Friday: Dinner with my mama (Homemade chicken strips, garlic & cheese mashed potatoes, asparagus), Gilmore Girls (3 whole episodes), watching the Cards WIN, thrifting at ATC Downtown Flea Market (a classy establishment), and making heart garland for the wed wed.
Robert got to pick Saturday's date: Laura Ingalls Wilder's house in Mansfield, MO (Robert and I were working out one day last week, and he swears the news anchor's name was Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Doubt it.  Anyway, this prompted me to reminisce about Laura Ingalls Wilder Day in elementary school.  He thought this was ridiculous.  Does anybody else remember doing that?  We'd dress up like pioneers, make butter.  You know, pioneer stuff.  Anyway, this inspired him to take me to her house.)  It was perfect!  We just so happened to pick Wilder Day!!!  That meant: 1/2 price tickets, a medley of songs mentioned in Laura's books that were actually played on Pa's fiddle yesterday, and exclusive viewing of the upstairs bedroom. 
So pumped!


A few of Laura's books have been translated into Hebrew - Robert's favorite part. haha


We went out to dinner - Cieleto Lindo.  I would not recommend it...at all.  Then I surprised him by taking us to see The Lion King in 3D.  We purchased the tickets but had about 45 minutes to kill so we went into shops downtown.  We went to Andy's after that.  I got the Boot Daddy - Oreo, caramel, hot fudge concrete.  The Professional Bull Riders (PBR) were in town which inspired Andy's to create the Boot Daddy.  I'm not a fan of bull riding, but I am a fan of the boot daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...