Friday, October 7, 2011

It's the Weekend

It's time to take a deep breath, clear my thoughts, and just BE.  It's the weekend.  It's time to catch up on sleep, spend time with family and friends, and re-charge.  Thank you, God, for weekends.  This, my friends, is the last weekend before fall break.  Yes, fall break starts in just six days.

So Robert and I made a "married life" budget last week.  We've estimated how much we expect to spend on things so we will know how much we need to earn in order to live life that way.  Planning stuff like that eases my mind, and I'm thankful that Robert has learned that doing things like this make me a happier person so he participates.  Do you all have a budget?  Do you stick to it strictly - keep receipts, keep the numbers in a spreadsheet, etc.?  Being on a limited budget may seem lame, but it's actually kind of fun to see how you can save money.  Robert and I were just talking about this very fact this morning while we worked out on the elliptical.  I told him I had just put gas in my car for $3.07/gallon.  He put gas in his car over the weekend for $3.13/gallon.  He was super jealous!  I know it may seem weird, but you've gotta make budgeting and money stuff as fun as possible otherwise you'll just argue over it and get upset.

Random memory: Sitting in the dining room in sixth grade, playing the bassoon while my friend Leigha played the baritone.  Man, those were the days.

Okay, so today might have been the best/funniest day of babysitting EVER.  Samuel and I went outside to "play" baseball.  Really, he just throws it around, but he's learned how to hike up his leg like he's pitching.  It's adorable.  Then we went on a walk to SBU.  Everybody can't help but stare at the cutest baby/coolest babysitter combo ever.  Robert taught him how to say supercalafragilisticexbealidoscious (spelling), and I taught him how to say, "I've got skills."  It's precious.  This week he started saying, "Yes or no," when I ask him something.  Example: "Samuel, do you want some apple slices?"  Samuel: "Yes or no."  Slightly confusing, but very cute.

What are your weekend plans?  Anything fun?  I don't really have any plans other than watching the Cards whoop up on the Phillies tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...