Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pennsylvania

Robert and I had such a great time in Pennsylvania.  That's where my dad's side of the family lives.  He had met some of them when they visited MO in the summer of 2010.  He got to meet the rest of the family during this trip.  Highlights included:
  • Seeing Grandma and Grandpa's new house for the first time
  • Going to church with my grandparents
  • The food: Thanksgiving feast, best pizza in the country, Polish feast
  • Day in Benton - This is where my grandparents lived for about 33 years before moving to Berwick.  I got to show Robert all the places we used to go: the old house, fire station, post office, schools, park, dam, Tasty Freeze Ice Cream, Uncle Doug's apartment.  We even fed the ducks at the golf course and went on a good hike.
  • Picked up Ryan from school and got to see Aunt Cathy's classroom.
  • Made a gingerbread house with Ryan
  • Countless games of Phase 10 Masters, Scrabble, and Pinnochle
  • Penn State - Even though the school has gone through a lot lately it's still my dad's alma mater, and it's still a great place.  We pretty much saw everything: football statdium, art gallery, libraries, dorm, union, bookstore, Old Main, a new building being built, and so much more.  We had lunch at The Corner Room and ice cream at Berkey Creamery.
  • Uncle Doug took us around one day, and we got to see a beautiful waterfall.   He also took us up a mountain where he and Dad had one of their first jobs.  They cut grapvines off of trees for their next doo neighbor, Otto Little, who owned a lumberyard. 
We had such a great time!  Robert loves my family, and they love him, too!  I enjoyed getting to learn more about my grandparents' lives and growing up years.  They're such a good example of faithful servants.  They've been through so much - humble beginnings, sickness, and setbacks - but they're still able to genuinely praise the Lord for His goodness.  I'm thankful for such great examples in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...