Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love is in the Air

Robert and I had a absolutely splendid Valentine's Day together.  I was rather bummed out due to the fact that I had class on VD.  How is it that every cool thing the past 8 months has fallen on a night that I had class?  It was unavoidable in June since there was a 6 out of 7 chance that a holiday or special day would fall on a school night i.e. Robert's birthday.  Then in the fall there was less of a chance (3 out of 7), but it still happened i.e. my birthday.  Now with just a 1 out of 7 chance it's still happening i.e. Valentine's day and still to come - our two year anniversary.  Aww well.  It turned out great!  Robert made me breakfast - chocolate chip pancakes, cheesy eggs, bacon, and orange juice.  Yum! He also brought beautiful flowers and a heartfelt card.  Later in the day I got a letter from Drury stating that I'm all set to graduate in May!  Robert and I left for Springfield right after his class.  We spoiled ourselves by using a 20% off coupons and two $25 gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a 17 piece Pyrex set off of our registry.  Did I mention we got all of our dishes last week?  8 place settings, 1 platter, 2 serving bowls, and 2 vegetable bowls!!!  While I was in class Robert went to the chiropractor.  More on that later.
It's official!

Notice the details in the bouquet.  Also, that Valentine is from my favorite two year old.

Gorgeous!   
 After class we went to Avanzare.  I had been there for Valentine's Day a few years ago and loved it.  I went with my parents and another married couple.  Talk about the 5th wheel!  It was great to go back with my Valentine.  I ordered the same thing I had gotten the other time because I remembered loving it.  It didn't let me down.
Yum!

Robert loved his dish as well.




Jim has so graciously offered his house for Robert's man shower. hehe  Here's the invitation that inspired the invitation I made.  It's going to be a "shower," but to make it less girly we're titling it "Burgers, brats, and basketball."  They'll have the "shower" during the NCAA Final Four so they can have dinner and watch a game or two.  This will be a chance for Robert to get the tools so he can be a handyman. 
Lastly, Bolivar High School had an alumni basketball game last weekend.  It was graduates of even years vs. graduates of odd years.  Jim and I both graduated in even years (2004 and 2008).  The even year time won.  Duh!  Jim was a stud and scored multiple times and even got a dunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...