Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wasted Time

I poem I wrote after a heartbreak. 

Wasted Time
I shake when you are near.
I have nightmares about seeing you, causing me to live in constant fear.
You’ve probably forgotten all about me by now.
I guess I’ll get over you one day, but for now I’m not sure how.
When I think of you I breathe in your sweet, warm smell.
I’m trapped in these memories of pure hell.
I know I read into things much more than I should
But I’d really appreciate an apology or at least an explanation if you could.
You might not have realized that I thought taking me to coffee, sitting by me at church, and texting me were not-so-subtle hints.
Don’t worry, after you called me a bad person the message was sent.
I’m not sure why I’ve allowed you to have control of my mind for so long.
I dream of your presence, but I know that if we ever get together it will be wrong.
But I still dream of the day that you knock on my door, tell me I’m beautiful, and sing me a rhyme.
I’ll treat you the same way you’ve treated me and not give you any of my oh so precious time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...