Thursday, August 1, 2013

What I've Done - Menu Board

How many ladies out their have kids and/or husbands who constantly say, "What's for dinner?"  I know you just answered YES.  So here's your solution - a menu board.  There's also a piece of paper or plain old marker board to write on, but why not make your menu board your newest kitchen decoration?  You can pick up an 8 in 1 picture frame at Wal-Mart for a few dollars.  I just so happened to have one sitting under my bed so it was basically free.  I put a piece of scrapbook paper in each frame.  I used brown and blue paper to match our kitchen.  We bought that scrapbook paper for our wedding and decided to decorate our kitchen in our wedding colors and reuse some wedding decorations to decorate our kitchen so it worked out really well.  Anyway, this allowed me to use up some more of the wedding scrapbook paper.  I wrote a day of the week on each piece of paper as well as "R & A" on the 8th piece of paper and then put the paper in the frames.  At the start of each week I get out my dry erase marker and write out the menu for the week.  This helps Robert ask me what we're having for dinner less, but the best part is that it helps him know what I want us to have for dinner each night so he can make dinner.  Major score if you ask me!  Robert even voluntarily hung it up in our dining room.  I have a keep, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...