Tuesday, July 8, 2014

House Sitting

The past two weeks Robert and I had a house sitting gig.  It was a for a family that we've house sat for before, and we enjoy doing it.  We obviously have tasks to do to maintain the house, but it's also a bit of a fun vacation of sorts to be out of our apartment for a bit.  There are so many things I had forgotten I missed until I was reminded again:

  • No neighbors stomping above or slamming doors next to you
  • A driveway with plenty of space to park close to the front door
  • So much counter space in the kitchen
  • Space to sprawl out - You can have two t-shirts sitting on the floor without the whole place looking like a mess
But there are also things that are nice about our apartment:
  • Less space to clean up
  • The AC cools the place down so much faster
  • No stairs to walk up and down
The family we has sat for has a dog and a cat.  The cat is fairly low maintenance, and since I'm a cat lover she and I get along very well.  She doesn't purr like Mittens does, but she still enjoys a good ear scratching and neck rub.  Unfortunately, her digestive tract is below average, and she likes leaving us treats.  The house has a screened in porch, and Lilly loves sitting on it.  She can listen for bugs and birds and soak up some rays.  I really wish we had something like that for Mittens...one day.



Like I said, they also have a dog.  He's a schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle) name Pippen.  Pippen certainly does not lack energy.  If he had to compete in an Olympic event I think he could medal in the high jump as well as the 100m dash.  He is a very loyal doggy and enjoys following us everywhere we go.  But for now, I think we'll just stick with a cat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...