Sunday, October 19, 2014

Magnets

I wouldn't say I'm a collector of magnets by any means, but it seems I've acquired a variety of magnets over the last few years, and I wanted to take a minute to think about the stories that they tell.  There are several other magnets that I love that are on the refrigerator at my parents' house: a magnet that looks like a slice of bread (it's life size), Extra gum magnet, and a JESUS cross stitch magnet. 


This magnet came with the cookbook that my mom made for me.  It has all my favorite recipes from Memaw, Grandma, and my mom.

We got this one when we first moved to SEBTS.  The women's department hosted a few activities throughout the year to provide opportunities to get to know each other.  It reminds me of how alone I felt when we first moved here and how God has provided so many good friends here at school.

My parents got me this one on their most recent trip to El Salvador.  Although I didn't go on that particular trip with them, I've been to El Salvador three times, and it reminds me to pray for our friends and fellow Christians there.  It also reminds me of good memories of going on mission trips with my parents.

Have you ever seen a cuter magnet than this one?  Robert made this turtle magnet clip.  It's not every day you see a blue turtle.

One of my residents made this magnet when I was a resident assistant.  It's so simple - painted on a piece of cardboard - but it makes me think of my time as an RA and my time at SBU.  

Windermere holds so many special memories from family vacations throughout all my growing up years.  My family would go there for a week every other summer when Grandma and Grandpa came to town.  Also, after my second year at SBU I had the opportunity to intern there over the summer.  

I made this magnet on our family vacation to Colorado last year.  It was our first family vacation that Robert got to join in on, and we're looking forward to our first family vacation with Taylor in the family!

Okay, I didn't actually go on this trip, but Robert and his dad got to hike Grandfather Mountain over spring break the first year we were at SEBTS, and I know it was a very special trip for them.  Somehow I got left behind to work...

I've been sponsoring Happiness Moyo in Zimbabwe since my freshman year at SBU.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of a child's life halfway across the world.  

How could I not end with this one?  My absolute favorite magnet.  Little RCV looking dapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...