Saturday, November 8, 2014

Life Lately, 11.8.14

We're in the graduation countdown!  Robert graduates in just over a month (December 12).  There's a lot in flux right now as we don't know where we'll be headed after he graduates.  It's a very popular topic to discuss.  "So, what will you do after Robert graduates?"  "Where will you move after Robert graduates?"  I guess the short answer is we have no idea.  He's applied for some positions, and he's had some good leads, but church work can have the tendency to move rather slowly when it comes to hiring a minister.  We know he desires to lead youth and/or music, but for now it's a waiting  game.  Like many people, that doesn't come easily to me, but we're trying to focus on the fact that God has always provided for us before, and he won't stop.  We came to NC not knowing anyone, not having friends, and not have a church, but God has met all of those needs and brought us closer to Him and each other in the process.

Did I tell you I've started an afghan?  It's going really well.  I'm crocheting about a million granny squares, and then I'll crochet them all together like an afghan.  It's a fun project, and it keeps my mind occupied during tv shows, traveling, or while R studies.

This was one of my practice squares.  I made it with fluffy yarn, but for the actual afghan I'm using plain Red Heart yarn, and you can see the stitches a lot better.

We were able to go to the state fair at the end of the month, and our friends Hunter and Emily joined us.  Highlights included beautiful flowers in the gardens, a ride down a huge slide, and our first experience eating elephant ears.


Next I managed to get a nasty cold and stomach bug.  No details will be shared.

It's finally started to cool down a bit here.  It's still nowhere near freezing, but we did turn our heater on one evening when it got down to 64 inside our apartment.  We haven't needed it since then though.  We brought our little ponytail palm tree in for the winter.  It's doing quite well!


Oh, did I tell you we got rear-ended?  That's been a real treat.  We're both completely fine, but we're going on five weeks of trying to get it fixed and dealing with insurance.

And now it's time for some Mittens pictures.  I know you want to see them.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...