Monday, November 24, 2014

Life Lately, 11.24.14

The semester (and school in general) is wrapping up.  Robert turned in a paper last week, and now he has two papers, a sermon, and one final exam left.  He’s excited to graduated, but I can proudly say that he’s finishing strong and not cashing in early.  He’s had a very successful semester.

Work has been going well for me.  I got a new supervisor in July, and she’s taught me many new things.  Robert and I were just talking earlier today about how many things I’ve learned that I never knew existed or never thought I’d learn how to do.  Hopefully they are skills that will be beneficial in the future: accounts receivable and collections, sales and upselling, shipping, invoicing, ordering business supplies, editing the website, pricing and costing.  Warehouse and safety supplies might not be the most interesting topic in the world, but I truly am blessed to have a stable job and to have incredible co-workers that have become friends.  I know not everybody has that, and I don’t take it for granted.

It has started to get colder.  We’ve had a couple of frosts.  I still enjoy hearing southerners referring to frost as ice.  I saw about 10 snowflakes on the way to work one day, but other than that it’s mostly just grey and dreary.  Moving to a place that gets some snow would definitely get the location some bonus points in my opinion.

Robert and I had the honor of being the go to kid watchers when our friend Desiree went into labor.  This was the second time we’ve gotten to be a part of the go team for a family in town.  We really do feel like it’s an honor to be trusted to be at the ready to and watch someones child in their time of need.  Our first time around was for our friends Adam and Amy.  Amy went into labor around 2am.  We thought surely that wouldn’t happen again with Des, but sure enough we got a call at 12am.  It makes it more exciting. :)  I have to be honest, Robert got the call and sprung into action while I hesitated and was left behind.  Robert went and stayed with Seth.  Des was a rockstar and delivered sweet Cadence Joy 15 minutes after arriving at the hospital.  When Seth woke up the next morning he hollered for his dad.  Robert went into his room, and Seth was mildly terrified for a moment until Robert explained that his parents were gone because baby sister had arrived.  Seth was all good once Robert said they could make pancakes together.  He said Seth asked where I was. :)  They watched some Curious George together.  Robert said it was much less annoying than most children’s shows. haha  We went up to the hospital after work, and Cadence truly is beautiful, and I know she’ll be a wonderful addition to their family.

I wrapped up my volunteering the the church nursery on Wednesday night.  I worked with the 3 year olds this semester.  What a fun age!  We went out on a bank with one twin brother peeing on the floor and his other brother peeing on the wall.  Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...