Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Happy Thanksgiving, friends and family!  This year we are thankful to celebrate this holiday with several friends from church.  Robert and I will be contributing mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and stuffing - gotta make sure you have enough carbs present.  We really enjoy cooking, and it’s fun using family recipes.  The stuffing recipe comes courtesy of Memaw, creamed corn comes from Robert’s Aunt Barb, and the mashed potatoes come from Robert’s mom.  Yum!  

Let's reflect on Thanksgivings past:



Our first Thanksgiving in Wake Forest - Apparently I didn't feel the need to blog about this one, but I remember feeling sad about spending our first major holiday away from family.




Growing up, my family seemed to vary on what we did for Thanksgiving.  I remember Thanksgivings celebrated at home, in Jefferson City, and even in Dallas.  The least fun Thanksgiving was the year I had my wisdom teeth taken out.  You can’t exactly eat turkey like that.  I remember loading up on mashed potatoes and jello though.


I wanted to take a minute to list a few things for which I’m thankful:


Robert will be graduating in two short works
I’ve gained a sister, and my brother has gained a wonderful wife since last Thanksgiving
Robert and I both have jobs that we really feel blessed to have
We have a church family that truly has become family
Mittens...duh
The King of kings who abundantly provides for us in ways that we don’t expect

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...