Thursday, August 18, 2011

School Days

The public school district started the new year today.  My mom was out the door before I woke up.  I had planned to wake up at 7:00, but that didn't happen.  I did wake up at 7:30 though which is pretty impressive.  Amanda (Jim's girlfriend) also went back to teaching today.  I know people say this every year, but the summer sure flew by.  Don't even get me started on the concept of time. haha
The freshmen moved into SBU today.  It made me reflect a bit.  Three years ago I was move into the dorm for the very first time.  I didn't know what my major would be, I wasn't dating Robert, I didn't know my roommate, and I had just left all my friends.  Let's look back on my very first dorm room:
Flowers from Mom for my 18th birthday

Sitting at my desk after buying my first and last lottery ticket to celebrate being 18

The outside of my dorm

My roommate, Lindsay, and me

Wow.  It seems like so much has happened since then.  Probably because so much HAS happened.  In just three years I've graduated college, completed 40% of a graduate degree, gotten engaged, been an RA for two years, traveled to El Salvador/Ireland/England, worked away from home for the summer, babysat countless hours, made many new friends, and learned multitudinous lessons.  Although it is pretty much never easy, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...