Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm Melting

Today it's supposed to be 108 with a heat index of 115.  Can you say "sweltering?"  I cannot remember another summer in my life where it has been this hot for this long.  Can you?
This is the last week of summer school.  I'm getting so antsy for it to be over.  Only 53 hours to go to be precise.  I have to go to Drury for actual in-person class Today, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:20-8:00.  Not too bad.  I've turned in everything for entrepreneurial communication, and now I'm just waiting for things to get graded.  I'm nearly finished with communication consulting.  I just have an oral presentation on Thursday and a paper to turn in with it.  Thankfully, all the work is done.
To celebrate the end of summer school Robert and I will be spending the weekend with his family.  The weekend will consist of going to a water park, sleeping, relaxing, watching movies, eating good food, and NOT thinking/talking about school.  It is greatly needed.
When we get back I'll still have about a week and a half sans class.  Next Wednesday Robert and I are taking the day off and escaping to St. Louis.  We plan to go to the zoo, have a picnic lunch in Forest Park, go back to the zoo, and eat dinner on The Hill.  It'll be the first real date we've had since before summer school started.  Sure, we've had meals together and wandered around Wal-Mart for cheap and easy dates, but it'll be nice to get away without feeling guilty or like I should be studying.  It'll also be nice for Robert because two days after our trip he starts RA training.  I guess it's our end of the summer last hurrah.
Yet another change: Jim (my brother) found a place to live.  This is a big deal and very exciting for everybody.  Things seem to be falling into place.  The satellite guy came today and got everything set up.  Water and electricity were set up yesterday.  Tomorrow the Internet/phone guy is coming.  We've gotten quite a bit of stuff moved over there.  It makes me feel old to know I have a brother who has a rental house.  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...