Friday, July 22, 2011

Babysitting Queen

I watched Life as we Know it last night.  Have you seen it?  It won't be winning a ton of awards anytime soon, but it was cute.  There was a babysitter named Amy in it.  She was awesome with their daughter so they called her the baby whisperer.  That's kind of how I've felt this summer.  I've been babysitting for two families consistently this summer.  For one family I babysit 8-12 hours a week, and for the other I babysit 11 hours a week.  Sometimes it fluctuates a bit - I have a 9 hour day coming up for a family!  Sometimes I'll babysit for other families here and there.  It's no full-time job, but anybody who thinks babysitting is a piece of cake obviously hasn't done it before.  Thankfully, there are plenty of cute moments that make it worth it.  What are some funny/memorable babysitting experiences you've had?  I guess it's preparing me for when I have kids (in the VERY distant future).
Robert should be headed to the airport now.  Their trip back is about 30 hours.  It takes longer to come back because of the direction of the wind.  Also, their layovers are a bit longer on the way back.  I get to meet him at the airport tomorrow!  Yay!
I officially have 13 days til I'm done with summer school.  Thank heavens!  I made a narrated PowerPoint for the first time this week.  Now all that is left is to give a group project presentation and write a "brief" report.  Could the word "brief" be any more vague?  I will have 21 days off before the fall semester starts.  Any suggestions for how I should fill me time?  I need good relaxing/fun ideas!
There's a 30% chance of rain coming up soon.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...