Friday, July 1, 2011

98 Degrees and Rising

Remember the band "98 Degrees."  Oh man.  Anyway, it was 100 degrees yesterday.  Hello, summer!
I finished week one of summer school session 2-3.  For the duration of sessions two and three (six weeks) I have two different classes going on.  One is totally online - entrepreneurial communication.  Each week I read about 150 pages of journal articles, listen to a narrated powerpoint lecture (10 minutes), answer 5-7 questions about the readings, most those answers on the discussion board, respond to two people's posts, do a case study (apply something I learned this week to an entrepreneur).  The final project is to conduct a phone interview with two social entrepreneurs and make a presentation with my findings.  For the other class (communication consulting) we met this week Tuesday-Thursday in person, then it'll be online for four weeks, and it'll wrap up with Tuesday-Thursday in person on the sixth week.  It's basically the same weekly concept.  The final project is consulting for a make believe company.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way (I realize I'm neurotic when it comes to school work and scheduling), but when I get a syllabus I want to get everything done right away.  I would rather have a couple of weeks of insanity and then several weeks of relaxation instead of a few months of a steady flow of relative insanity.  What about you?  Needless to say, the first free weeks of a new term are usually pretty chaotic for me.
My parents have been in El Salvador this week.  I'm so jealous!  They get home tomorrow.  Can't wait to hear all about it.  Also, Jim and Amanda get home from New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania tomorrow.  Is it wrong of me to have a bit of a pity party over the fact that I've been studying and going to school the whole time my family has been traveling the world?  My life is lame.  Guess I need to work at coming to terms with the fact that my life is going to be less than fun for the next 10.5 months.  I can do that for 10.5 months, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...